How to best use grow tents

I’m fairly new to tent growing, this is my 2 nd grow. 1 st didn’t turn out so well. My 4x4 tent was so full that I didn’t notice a few male flowers, crop ruined. I had 4 plants tent so full even watering became difficult. Do I need less plants in tent or do I need to pull them out every couple days to work on them? I’ve got extensive experience in outdoor growing. Thanks for all the great info!

4 Likes

I plant 4 in a 4x4… Veg for 8 weeks…

I take out plants to take care of them each feeding. Usually twice a week.

Once scrogged… If i scrog… Things get a bit harder… But if needed I just unzip the tent to get to hard to reach areas.

Definitely need LST and pruning in a tent.

4 Likes

Goodmorning i also have a tent full been doing it this way since my start 2 years now anyways i keep my lower branches trimmed for air flow very important. I think theres 34 in there I know its alot of work they are on wheels and my 5gallon water station in on wheels. Getting in and moving and checking can and will be a process but end results are the best. Here’s my tent its 12×6 but only use 8ft 2 lights and 4 fans humidifier and dehumidifier to help control. My one mistake of many was not enough air flow and i was thinking humidity was my enemy but nope its needed so the can breath and prevent WMP. I know the males come overnight but being diligent of being in on ground zero is critical. Have been fortunate to catch any male intruders or I did have a run of shims but mainly newbie messing with them lesson # 420 and there are many. Pictures are always nice. My tent and my veg closet

5 Likes

I use a transmission fluid funnel and a stick of 3/4 pvc to water my plants. Moving them in and out becomes impossible once they get done stretching and stuck in the net.

7 Likes

What is LST? I used a transmission funnel on my last grow, I was afraid to move them after they got big. Couldn’t even see the 5 gal grow bags in the back,

5 Likes

I have one of those my 5gallon pail on wheels has a pump and i use a remote to turn on and off hose is 3 ft long i can move them to the side and split the red sea for feeding.

5 Likes

That’s genius, I have a small electric pump . Will be simple to rig up. Thank you

2 Likes

Low stress training.

I usually lollipop my plants shortly after they get in my flower tent.

Removing the lower leaves and bud sites helps keep larf down to a minimum and helps prevent pests and disease due to the air flow under the canopy.

1 Like

Im pretty low budget my wifes company sells these pumps they are not to much

3 Likes

I did that last grow. You leave the branches intact though, right? Do you always top or does it depend on projected height of plant?

2 Likes

Exactly like Fiefie mentions air flow is so importanti have 7 fans in different stages going and canswich on and off separately and adjust the speed lower than they can from factory the last 2 big ones are to ruff slowed down speed perfect

3 Likes

I top after the fifth or sixth node.
LST to bend branches to even canopy and allow for even light.
Lollipop the lower third to half the plant about a foot or so from the soil surface up.

I remove very low branches that won’t make it to canopy level.

With this… I use 7 gallon fabric pots… Start them in solo cups then to 1 gallon then to the 7… I can still squeeze in a humidifier and a heater… But hope to get a new AC Infinity humidifier that sits outside the tent soon.

1 Like

My tent is new, was extremely tight trying to stretch it over frame. I had to use vise grips and pry bar at the end. Zipper is very hard to get started after being unzipped. Will this loosen up in time?

1 Like

I would think it would relax some after being up. I stopped using my door and use black out curtains my tent isnt a top dollar tent but does it great

3 Likes

Wow… What brand?

2 Likes

This is my flower tent setup…

@Dj351 are you familiar with DLI & VPD yet?

3 Likes

Thats a nice set up.

I have a tentbuddy app i use to check my VPD and DLI

3 Likes

@Bunger64 I am currently writing an android app to keep track of vpd, DLI, grow journal, etc… Will release on playstore soon with just DLI and VPD calculators and charting… Including heat chart for vpd with day and night vpd and leaf temp.

Stuck on a few bugs… But almost there.

4 Likes

Hey @Dj351 you need to plan to switch to flower when they are 3 foot to your projected height.
Leaving yourself a he prescribed distance from your canopy to your maximum light height. Start your 12x12 photoperiod earlier. Remember you’re not outsidestrong text******. Inside your tent is all you got so start your flowering earlier next time.

Top them girls when you have 4-5 main branches. Take your tops and you can use as clones and use outside or prepare for a second grow inside your current tent after they finish flowering.

3 Likes

My girls are in veg closet for 3-6 weeks then get moved to tent at 12/12 or the stretch to much for my height

1 Like