How to best preserve an unknown strain

I have this unknown plant from a purple plant of a single seed i planted. Now this plant is roughly 2-3 weeks from Harvest. I am a new grower and i didn’t think to create any clones at the time I started doing this. Now I am in love with this plant. It was a very good smoke then and I am wondering everything mostly buds on the plant. Should I cut the main branch and leave one stem with a bud and then reveg or what is the best way to slay this dragon?

3 Likes
2 Likes

Ok kool. I will try that right away.

Hey buddy! I’m in the same boat. Trying to preserve a girl with a couple weeks til harvest. I found the lowest, least developed branch I could find.

Waiting in my clonex coming today then we :crossed_fingers:

How you plan on caring for it while it roots?

1 Like

Once you harvest just let her reveg then take clone

2 Likes

I’ve read about this way too. What are you leaving exactly. Just bare stems?

Just about but it takes forever!

1 Like

Harvested 3 weeks ago and finally regrowing

They will recover and regrow, I’m sure it really depends on you giving them enough light and water after but they eventually will

3 Likes

Cool. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

I just put 2 in rooting pods and going to moisten the pods by misting daily meanwhile just gonna have it under some lights 24/7 until the tent available again. I don’t know. I hope this works

1 Like

Yeah this is how I thought I should do it.

Right on! Everything I put in dirt turns to gold and I’m hydro challenged so I think I’m gonna go straight to dirt after reclipping and hitting it with the clonex. Good luck!