How Tall should auto flowers get?

When I first got White window I read that it’s expected height was 24” tall. I thought this is perfect…24” might be pushing it but 24” is perfect. My White widow plant is currently 4.5 feet tall! (How did it get so big? It’s also in the flowering stage and suddenly grew 6” overnight after being fertilized. I even chopped it down by an inch and a half earlier in the grow and the next day it grew an additional 6 inches. Is there an auto flower that will stay relatively short?

Just depends on the pheno but typically indica dominant plants stay shorter. Id suggest some lst to keep them low in the future.

1 Like

This is called the stretch, which occurs between the 1st week of flowering to the 4th week (ish.)

It’s unusual for an auto to get that big, but genetics dominates.

1 Like

I am very impressed with the plant because it seems so insane to me. The plant started from a tiny seed and now it’s so tall. It’s way beyond what I imagined it to be. Now it’s challenging me to make it to the finish line. This is hopefully my first successful grow.

1 Like

My autos are way different, same strains. One is almost 4ft tall, the other less than 2ft. The shorter is due for chop next weekend and the other still has about 3 weeks. Wild stuff.

1 Like