How stupid can you be?

Here I am startign athread to allow all of us to share stupid buys regarding grow supplies.

Here is my latest. I am a commerical farmer. I buy in bulk. I have a pallet pf ProMix. Cases of grow bags,a nd all you can imagine for hydroponics and natural farming.

OK Here we go. Last week or so I had a bad propagation period. T5’s did nto work after I germinated and had seedings, so they stretched all to hell and back… Bought a new light. Bought 28 - 1.5" rockwool cubes. I opened the Amazon package, and then I realized; I have a brand new case of 1.5" rockwoll cubes I bought last year to break down and provide ILGM members with a lower priced bundle at case price + 15%. That was before covid, so not sure that project will ever happen.

Anyway. I feel stupid for paying the price of 28 rockwool cubes when I had an entire case on the front porch. Damn!

6 Likes

My stupidest buy is the 12 Philizon 600 watt"ya right" burples.Switched to HLGs and they are much better.

4 Likes

I grabbed 6 blocks of coco at a local (45 mile 1 way) store and when got home noticed it is coco chips. I was soooo bummed out. It’s suggested to mix with the coco Fibre and all will be OK. Lesson learned. Read the package carefully

3 Likes

:thinking:. At least you did not buy them twice. :smiley_cat: Good one.

1 Like

-The obvious first blurple purchase. I don’t even know where it is anymore
-Buying all kinds of weird soil options and amendments and having no idea what I’m supposed to do with them or if I even need them (hello box of bat poop)…so they sit unused.

3 Likes

I went through 3 of those cheap yellow ph meters in 2 yrs before I finally got smart and bought a more expensive, reliable one. Not sure why I thought the next one would be better than the last one…

3 Likes

Growing 12 foot sunflowers in my garden. And not thinking that I would need to amended the soil for next year in that area. Got almost next to nothing on my 12 hot pepper plants the next year. DOH!!! lesson learned.

4 Likes

Buying the stupid 2 prong soil ph tester wetness meter! What the hell?

I now seriously believe it’s like the potato clocks. It just uses the EC of the soil to generate a charge and make the needle jump because it NEVER changes where it goes to in any given pot!!
A total P.T. Barnum endorsed product if I ever saw one!

2 Likes

Fly strips

11 Likes

I have lost more arm hair to fly traps :laughing::rofl::joy:

4 Likes

Too damn funny! LOL!

2 Likes

YUck… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The amount of times I’ve damn near flooded my basement because the RO bucket overflowed while filling. Husband is never pleased OPE.

3 Likes

Nice I use these fly strips in my tent damm near did this tonight HAHAHA

1 Like

So, this is how I keep pests off my plants: I sleep under the canopy

4 Likes

Lol yea gotta admit that’s on my bucket list

1 Like

I had one of those sticky fly traps stuck in my hair i had to wash my hair five times to get the sticky crap out

2 Likes

Now that there is funny

1 Like