How soon before bed to smoke indica strains?

Hello good people, Northern Lights that I grew is helping me sleep at night which is great.

Got a question or 2 for you though:

I currently smoke it around 6pm and then don’t touch it after that and gradually wind down like coming down from a high and then hit the bed at 10pm to go to sleep.

It is working pretty well, but wondered 2 things; 1) Is there an ideal time before bed to smoke it to help sleep and 2) is there a lingering effect the following day so that you don’t need to smoke every single day. It seems like when I skip a day it really doesn’t negatively affect my sleep and I wondered if this had also been studied.

2 Likes

I find that CBD helps my sleep. As for THC, hardly any actually makes me sleepy. However if you convert the THC to CBN (Google it) then you have awesome sleep meds.

1 Like

I believe this link should be OK. @moderators, please delete if not.

3 Likes

Great article. So I can only convert to CBN via the oven and not by just harvesting when most of trichomes are amber? What relative difference between the two methods assuming amber trichomes is even an option?

1 Like

Amber trichs are in the process of converting to CBN, the oven finishes the job. If you want sleeping pills, you can decarb all the way to CBN, and then infuse into coconut oil. Then the oil goes into gel caps.

I make THC Cannacaps this way. There is a guide to the Cannacaps on Leafly, I think you’d just have to decarb more, and then adjust the dosage.

2 Likes

You can also use uv to degrade THC to CBN. This is where the importance of darkness when drying comes from. Because it degrades THC otherwise… the rest of that statement, to CBN.

I’ve had to take buds early and basically gave them a tan. Ambered up the surface trics just like getting a tan… I use what is basically a tanning lamp… Lol.

2 Likes

@Budz

Fascinating!!!

I actually have some regular lights on during drying so that might be helping. I’ll use yours and @Newt 's information and then do a deep dive into the subject.

Thanks!!!

1 Like

I try to test this one this weekend and see. Will share my experience soon!

2 Likes