How serious is my problem

A question from a fellow grower:

I have a few plants and new’m under house growing but do not know how serious this is? I’m watching all the aspects that I read in your book, the quality of land for crop, good light (600w HPS), CO2 (bags), regular transplant, carefully watering (every 2-3 days), from fertilizers put 1 week liquid organic fertilizer and HESI some drops - amino acids. I use the water we drink, and because a lot of quality and pH around 7, a small problem is that the room (improvisation) still quite warm (around 30 °) because of that light, I have only a home fan and running the entire 18 hours with light I know that I do not have adequate ventilation or have to make sure that someone does not see or feel that room, moisture keep him around 50-75% so I’m not sure what it could be other than that I might be a little bit less watering? The problem that worries me is that it appeared slightly yellow edge on the leaves of some plants … I attached a few pictures, the first two are Northern Light fem. the other two are White Widow fem. These are plants that are 20 days in growth and are otherwise quite healthy except those yellow edges, I hope that we will find an explanation …? Thanks and regards, later.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

First of all, thanks for the advice … I did not use a water softener, because the water around 7PH and is great quality for drink(I only have to check the papers, they did not so precise, I ordered a pen-Ph device) . I didn’t check the soil Ph because I bought a high-quality soil and i read the Ph is around 6.5… I will check the soil pH after adding this fertilizer or water … I wanted to be sure to hear the opinion before the problem gets out of control! Thank you and talk to you, feel free to write something that you think is important?
Your opinion is definitly Ph of the soil is the problem for the little yelow edges on the leaves?

It could also be a small amount of “leaf tip burn” from too much fertilizer too soon.
That amount of damage is not serious…just indicates over feeding.
Use a little less fertilizer.

1 Like

Yes your ph can be a bit high , and the nitrogen in the soil is starting to burn them , if you don’t get that controlled quick , you will see a the leaves burn really fast , so ph your water at 5.8- 6.0 in veg , but your water going in should be 5.8 - 6.0 and coming out less than 6.5 between 5.8 - 6.2 would be okay , but not higher than 6.5 , but the yellow tips is high levels of nitrogen due to your ph being out of range . Plus you want to get that ventilation fixed also also especially if you running a HPS light , than throw out high levels of heat and that can cause heat stress , so you want to get that hot stale air vented also , but as for as the yellow tips it’s from high levels of nitrogen , so you want to get your water ph corrected . But I tell everyone that’s just learning rain water is free and most times the rain water ph is almost perfect for plants , if it’s high or low in ph where you are the rain water is easy to ph better than tap water , plus it has other micro organism in it from your local lakes and rivers from evaporation , and plants love rain water . So get you a 5 gallon bucket and catch you some rain water and jug it up in empty water jugs , milk jugs or whatever you can bottle it with and stock it up and ph as needed , but rain water is the only water I used and if I run out I go to a river or creek or lake and refill cause that water gave me my best results than tap water . Because most tap water run thru pipes and water systems that’s treated to be drinking water with chlorine , fluoride and other chemicals to make it safe and it can take quite a bit of ph down or ph up to get in the right ph range , so I used rain water or river or lake water and it’s much easier to ph , hope this helps and you get it lined out before your nitrogen gets to high and burn your plants , and once they burn it stresses your plants and can very much hurt you final yield . The most valuable thing in growing is to get threw veg and flower with out stressing your plants will give you your biggest yields .

3 Likes

I hope you’re right (although I put twice less than what is written) will make more careful in the future …

Please follow advice from @pigSquishy and @yoshi about pH…two very knowledgeable people.

Your soil may have had nutrients in it already? Then adding even a small amount of fertilizer stressed the babies.

1 Like

I ordered myself devices to check the pH (water and earth) I have papers or not a reliable indicator! then I’ll just be safe, because the plant is really acting healthy except now a little on the edge … To begin with I will take care to water a little less and preferably with water from the lake while I’m not 100% the pH of drinking water … Unfortunately ventilation better than this I can not do because I turned the room that you do not use the room to grow, I have to be very careful that someone does not see and does not smell - so that this house fan on all the time (18 hours together with light) and the temperature is around 28-31 ° with humidity 55-75% … in all aspects that can watch except that I’m not sure of the pH and oxygen that you mentioned you (oxygen can be reduced with a little less watering?) so we will reduce the level of oxygen …

Yes, the plants do look good, except for that edge burn.

Nice job! :grinning:

1 Like

I may have prematurely put liquid fertilizer with regard to the plants really young … In the good surface probably has everything they need for their needs! My fault though in good faith … I’ll try next few watering done with clean water and keep track of what is going on, so we will get some information …

1 Like

Your high temperature, 31C, is approaching too high…not healthy for the plant, slows growth. Do what you can to keep lower, if possible.

1 Like

I know it’s quite a high temperature, light is quite high (HPS 600W) wanted one kind of light from start to finish and they told me that this is the best possible! Room is about 20m2, so it’s sort of a constant temperature with the fact that I’m heating completely off! I will try everything in my power, the fan runs constantly and will ventilate the room whenever I can …

1 Like

If you are concerned about discovery, what precautions will you take when it starts flowering and has a strong aroma?
Something to plan for?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

It has already started to smell … The door of this room I bolted with rubber bands for windows and doors as much as possible in the corridor which leads to this room, I put air fresheners :sweat_smile: … To me, it is for health (oil) I myself do so I’ve told family members and know about what I’m doing. It did not want anyone to see and feel is more about the uninvited guests and people from the neighborhood … so I say I would not want anyone to see the ventilation or the smell of the plants!

The aroma can get very, very strong. Good luck on hiding the smell. It may take a lot of air fresheners to cover the odor.

1 Like

You won’t hide that smell with just air freshener , you gone need a good brand carbon scrubber !!

3 Likes

You’re right, I know … That’s why I hope that will be the most successful that I so strongly bolted doors to almost nothing and can of odor and go! And if a little pass, the air freshener works all day - every 40 minutes! :wink:

1 Like

As I said, it was not feasible to make the right room to grow with the right room and ventilation so that I do not have these filters were talking about, but I had to improvise with household fan :confused: in these circumstances I find myself … I hope it will be all ok!

1 Like

Best wishes in your effort to hide the smell…

Be prepared for a struggle…I am thinking the cannabis will win.

Continue researching masking the odor.

3 Likes