How Often Do You Update Your Grow Charts?

Okay, so I know a lot of you keep charts on your plants, and record all their “vital statistics” just as nurses and doctors do on humans in a hospital… but how often? Once a day? Twice? Four times? Is it always at the same time(s) every day, or just when it fits into your personal schedule? Just curious.

1 Like

I personally just update it once a day, unless I feed or water them, then I have to update it, but like today I’m just gonna change the date and the day that the plants are on and maybe water, but that’s it.

2 Likes

I try to do 3 times a day or so. Depends. If everything is going ok, I do it less. If I’m having an issue I do it more.

3 Likes

I write in my notebook everyday. Some days I just update the date and other days that I water I record that. I make some notes here and there (ie plants look good). If some kind of issues come up I make sure to write it down. I check on the girls at least 2 times a day.

4 Likes

I have an app on my phone Growbuddy but aside from that I chart dry erase and track dates using a grow journal on forum

3 Likes

I usually update once a day unless the urge strikes me to add something. The real thing about the Grow Journals is that it is for YOU to keep records on what is going on. Sometimes a note put in may help you on a later grow. I worked in medicine for 43 years and I treat my ladies exactly like a patient. When I see something that might be even remotely valuable for later, I put it in. Good luck on your grow. Jerry

4 Likes

@Donaldj I also use growbuddy. Works well.

3 Likes

Hey @bob31 what is growbuddy? What software, that is. Never heard of it, but wouldnt mind getting it if its a good piece. Does it run on a pc or is just an app for a phone or what?

1 Like

Hey bob31, never mind. I found their site and it answered my questions. Thanks though. Guess I need to start figuring things out myself too.

2 Likes

Hey brother no problem. I pretty much stopped using the software. I’m only growing a couple plants at a time but I can see it’s use for larger gtows

1 Like

I downloaded it to try it out, but its too much for me. Kinda buggy too, wont let me log in to move stuff from the store area. So no prob. Wont delete it. Will do a reinstall on their next update and maybe they will fix that problem. Have to agree with ya. For larger grows too. Mine are bigger than yours slightly but still small for that software. @bob31

Yeah I found it to be a little clunky too,. I prefer to just journal the grow here

1 Like

@bob31 yea, gotta agree with yus. Clunky and just a bit much for me. I write down my stuff and have a journal of my own on my laptop besides the journal here.

I just write my notes on a spiral notebook, though i’ve found if I do the same thing, I get the same results 99% of the time, so now I only write down whats different. I still test everything but I don’t need to write down that my tap water is 7.2 because it always is. 6 drops to 6.5… blah blah blah lol @cyberblast

1 Like

@bob31 I like to write different stuff in my laptop notes. I will also copy and paste stuff that is interesting and that I might be interested in trying on another grow. Also have pasted recipes for dirt and such as well. Just things that catch my interest.

1 Like