How often do you replace your carbon filter?

I can smell some, so I will replace it. On constant use. I get maybe 4 months before I can smell it in the house. I need to factor that in.
Thank you kindly.

1 Like

Im on my 3rd grow with the same filter right now. 6inch in a 2x4 tent. Ill change if i start smelling it or if airflow is reduced.

2 Likes

Mine recently quit after about 8 months. 8”. I had just added an ultrasonic humidifier in the tent the week before. The filter sock was full of fine white dust.

I’ve heard that wicking humidifiers don’t have this issue, but I ended up buying an RO to filter the water.

4 Likes

If you wanted to you can buy active carbon so u can change out the carbon in ur filter its a matter of drilling out a few pop rivots tipping out old carbon and replacing the old carbon with new stuff if u have the patience to do it .you can get the carbon from a pet store

4 Likes

Did you use distilled water in it? This is typically recommended for this style humidifier. High rh can definitely hamper effectiveness of carbon filter too.

I usually get 1-2 years out of mine. I keep clean prefilter on, humidity in check and fan speeds no higher than necessary. Buying quality filter probably helps some as well.

6 Likes

I did not. I often tend to “wing it” and not read the directions first. :rofl:

4 Likes

Ask me how i know? :man_shrugging:t2:

5 Likes

I’ve done the same thing 2 times now, it’s a piece of cake.

3 Likes

I did upgrade two tents to the AC Infinity filter. Maybe got 14 months out of the AC. Maybe just noticed it more as one of the purple kushs that is in there smells old school skunk. Real stinky.

Ive had good life from the ac infinity brand filter. I priced the good loose charcoal and it aint cheep.

3 Likes

Same. Been happy with it. It ran at 8. Can’t complain.

1 Like

dbrn32, what brand filter are you using to get that much run time out of it? I’ve had decent-ish luck with the AC Infinity filters, and better than decent with the G-Hydro brand.

I’d like to find a brand that I felt was great based on price. I run a 4" and a 6" filter.

1 Like

@Aussie_autos @sparker is the carbon course or fine?

1 Like

Phresh 6x18 and 6x24.

1 Like

Im not sure about that

2 Likes