How often do you change water?

Make it 5.8 and your spot on for hydro.

2 Likes

O damn couldn’t even read the post right , my bad I apologize, I’ll focus on reading twice next time

1 Like

Has anyone ever used florakleen as a final flush. I would like to know more about it. Water first then florakleen or florakleen right before harvest? I’m about to start a 2 week flush in an ebb and flow, 2 10 gal res

1 Like

I change water weekly and just let the plant finish the nutes from the week before then about the last 4 days it gets plain water and some kind of flush.

1 Like

Hi @Randy_Marsh,

Would you recommend the cap full of Clorox when using city/tap water? I’ve been treating it thus far by just letting it sit for a day in a big open tote with air stones blasting. As a water change is about 35 gallons for me, is your “cap full” still a good amount?

1 Like

RH_PH!, i just upgraded my DWC to 35 gallons and i think im a little in over my head with this water change scenario, i RO my water and my setup with de ionization takes about 2 hrs for 5 gallons, thats 12 hrs just to refill the water in res, my only thought root mass permitting is to drop them in 5’s until i can refill my 35 gallon tank. What is your process like?

I fill up a couple of 20 gallon totes and let them sit with an air stone for a day to get rid of all the chlorine out since I’m using tap water. Then I transfer the water to my RDWC system with a submersible pump.

1 Like

20 gallon totes…lol man i swear sometimes i overthink the crap out of things, thank you for the reply RH_PH

1 Like

You can get a bottle of de chlorinator at Walmart, petco, or aquarium store which literally takes about two drops for 5 gal. My 22 gal may take a 1/4 tsp. Easy peasy! :v::+1:t2::sunglasses:

2 Likes

nice thanks for the info spy!, now i need advice :stuck_out_tongue: should i ditch the RODI setup and just de chlorinate?

1 Like

I would. That de chlorine stuff goes a long way and will save you lots of time. :+1:t2::sunglasses:

Edit: you mean your RO system? Not sure about RO system. Some folks swear by it.

My tap water comes out at 70ish PH and 65ppms. I guess it depends on you tap water.

1 Like

hahah awesome info thank you!! man i wish i could like that reply twice!

1 Like

i live in the nevada desert our water here hits almost 9.8 PH and EC is off the charts pretty sure its the uranium. so i bought this ridiculously expensive de ionizing r/o system that brings it to 0.0 but it takes forever to properly filter that much water its like 5to1 ratio on gallons processed ver gallons saved and 30 gallons would take 12 to 15 hrs easy.

1 Like

I went to the local car wash and got a 30 gallon barrel that had soap in it. Took it home and cleaned the snot out of it then used as a standing reservoir to make R/O water. (@Not2SureYet has that barrel now lol).

2 Likes

Is it “normal” for my RDWC reservoir’s pH level to creep up from 5.8 to 5.9 or 6.0 everyday?

2 Likes

What nutes are you using?
What stage are you in your grow?
What is your ppm reading?

Early stage (<2 weeks). Using General Hydroponics FloraGro, Bloom, and Micro. EC of tap water is 0.2 and EC of nutrient solution is 0.6.

If 2 weeks of veg I would drop ec down to around .4 and see if that helps. Your tap water is around 140 ppm’s and with your water, provided your meter it’s using the 700 scale, is around 420 ppm’s. For early veg, 560 seems like it’s a little high. Seedlings, way to high. If ppm’s are too high, ph will rise. If too low, ph will drop. Do you have a picture of your plants or a journal?