How often do people use nutes for outdoor grow?

How often do people use nutes for outdoor grow? Soil grow compost, organic soil, 5 in 1 soil plus perlite blood n bone. Plants are around 6 weeks just starting to flower. Cheers in advance :grin:

Depends on the nutes you are using. If I’m using synthetic nutes, I feed once a week. But if the plant is telling me it needs more, I bump it up a bit. Likewise if it tells me it needs less.

1 Like

Yeah thats roughly what i’m doing, how soon after flowering do u switch to flower nutes?

It this an auto or a photo plant?

Auto got blueberry, northen lights & amniesa haze.

I’m not an auto grower but with my photos, I start after about two weeks (when I see the hairs starting significantly). But let me tag some auto growers. @blackthumbbetty @MattyBear @AutoFlowerz86 @Screwauger @Onlythebest79

1 Like

Cheers drill bit thanks mate… :ok_hand:

If it’s enriched soil (organic N,P,K) then I would read the plants. If they are growing well with no signs of deficiencies, I would not provide nutes until bloom boost time.

I grew two auto’s outside this summer. Both lost to bud rot. I did not nute them until they were well into flower then I boosted them with added P, K once per week.

4 Likes

Oh ok cheers so hold of on bloom nutes ok, they look healthy coming along nice just wasn’t sure when to start as some people wait or some start bloom nute right away ive noticed.

1 Like

1 Like

Amniesa haze, was fairly stunted in the first 3 weeks. Sept 1st sprout date.

AH # 2 sprout date 5 Sept

1 Like

Bluebery sprout 5 sept

1 Like

Hey@Budslayer, even in enriched soil I tend to push my outdoor plants pretty hard. I will use organic nutes every other week and plain water on the other. At least until I see any signs of tip burning and then I keep the same schedule but back down a bit on nute strength. Sometimes they will also get compost teas in between regular nutes.

2 Likes

Hey @mountainman1 was gunna tag you as my soil mix is similar to yours… yeah i have been going by eye a bit with veg nutes, but was unsure of when to start flower nutes but yeah think i might hold off. #AH 2 is prob the only one starting to flower the rest are pre flower still.

1 Like

I grow indoor in soil. Nutes every other watering starting when I switch to 12/12 lighting. I’ll even double the potency when the buds have all white hairs.

2 Likes

These at eight weeks plus,pushing fertilisers and Seasol as best I can every week without any negative effects to date , the young ones sprouted on the 8th and are approximately three times as big as their elders were because started feeding from one week, will be interesting to see if any heavier yields result.