How much space is needed?

Have a heat mat with a digital thermostat :+1: @Covertgrower

17 full sized plants in a 4x8 tent?! Wow, are you in for a surprise! I have 3GSCs and 2 autos in a 4x4 tent, double that for your size tent and it should be about 8 full size plants.Youā€™d better hrry and find room somewhere.

1 Like

I have run 16 plants in a 2ā€™x2ā€™, itā€™s not difficult. Short veg times and very little to no training. I wouldnā€™t recommend that everyone do it, but thatā€™s another story. One pot or less per square foot is a walk in the park if you donā€™t have restricted access or a disability that keeps you from bending or reaching.

2 Likes

@Loneviking these are clones from from my first grow, and I had 12 in a 4X4 area. I figured 18 would fit in the rest of the tent. I at least know how much each strain stretches now. So thereā€™s no surprise. I veg for about 2 months. Iā€™m shooting for approximately the same time. Iā€™m more going off of size this go around. Most of the flowering times are around the 60 day mark except one strain, which is sativa dominant. That one goes longer.

1 Like

12!?! What am I doing wrong? :grin:

1 Like

Itā€™s not that youā€™re doing anything wrong. Youā€™re doing it differently is all.

1 Like

@Covertgrower I tagged you into a thread @McLovin777 started and I explain what I do in that threadā€¦ sorry havenā€™t answered been busy cleaning my flower room for my next 8ā€¦I grow 8 plants bigā€¦I donā€™t keep a mother I take clones from best plants and eventually all are good I keep 3 stations in my veg room by utilizing a table and aT5 above and one belowā€¦I feed one 10Ɨ12 room for flower with a 10Ɨ7 room for vegā€¦all growers responding have good points Iā€™m sure youā€™ll come up with what works for you ā€¦take a look at that thread and if you have any questions donā€™t hesitate to ask

2 Likes

@Loneviking it was my first grow and I made the mistake of starting 4 different strains, too many plants, and not enough light. I have enough light for the 4X8 now. Approximately 1,650 true wall watts. Much better this time around. I intend to expand the lighting even more with more experience. I still wouldnā€™t put 12 in a 4x4 space again knowing what I know now.

@WillyJ I think I can make 3 spaces work. Iā€™m heading over to that tag now. Grow room responsibilities never end and are important! I donā€™t blame you for coming to the part late. No worries. Thanks for stopping by.

4 Likes

I appreciate you.

1 Like

Hi all, Iā€™m growing 3 Trainwreck but havenā€™t decided on a size of tentā€¦ For the most part Iā€™ve read that three plants should be able to fit in a 2x4, when vegging for about 6 weeks.

I found this tent and Iā€™m being wooed by the positive reviews, but what do you think?

https://www.amazon.com/Oshion-Indoor-Mylar-Hydroponics-Grow/dp/B07BKYXCN1?tag=greenrel-20

@sweet_quiche try to shoot for a taller one. 78ā€-80ā€ is really better. You can run out height quickly sometimes. By the time you add lights, and ventilation, youā€™re already at a limit with some of those things in the way.

1 Like

@Covertgrower
Wowā€¦ compliments to everybody who helped you with there valuable advice so quicklyā€¦ Compliments to the forum alsoā€¦ great ideaā€¦ (not a :computer: person - basic stuff :face_with_peeking_eye:) but a great idea - the cannibis family forumā€¦ great team workā€¦:cherry_blossom:

1 Like