How much soil to use?

As long as it doesn’t have time release nutrients, which it appears it doesn’t I think mixing a bit of it in to get you to three 5g pots is ok.

1 Like

I’d be a little skeptical. It may work fine, may not.

2 Likes

@dbrn32 @Sixpackdad its sayys its all organic. What walmart brand soil do yall guys think that will be the best suitable soil to mix with with the sohum soil? Im all up for opinions!

2 Likes

Is more sohum available?

I’m a risk taker, so I’d roll with the organic Walmart brand if that’s all you got and you’re tight on cash; but @dbrn32 is our leader and mentor, so I’d heed his skepticism too.

2 Likes

If it were me, I’d look for something more like a seed starting mix. Should have low nutrient charge, and not mess with anything else thats going on. If not, you could always give it a shot.

1 Like

@Sixpackdad @dbrn32 i just have 1 package of so hum soil its expensive lol its 59$ plus qnother 25$ for shipping and handling. Im just a little skepticle about that walmart soil cause it says its Unbranded and doesnt show all the ingredients. Just says what i had wrote on here. What would i look for if its slow time release nutes in soil? Cause if i decided to go for a different soil i dont wanna get the wrong thing. Now i got a grocery store in my city called Freds if yall heard about them its like a small town grocery store but anyways i gave a bpack widow seed to a friend so he can start growing and the soil he used was regular potting soil dont know what is it in though but when he used it his plant was healthy and thriving but ended up dying cause he overwatered it badly in early vegi stage he used 2 red solo cups full of water a day… i need to see if he can send me front and back picture of soil package. Is it also netter if its all organic and does all seed potting soil have slow time release?

1 Like

With the all purpose soil do all of them have nutrients im them and should i avoid potting soil that has any fertilizer including slow time release fertilizer and nutrients both like use something that has peat moss, pine bark and perlite or vermiculite? @dbrn32 @Sixpackdad

1 Like

Generally speaking organic soil won’t have time release nutrients in it. So regular miracle grow has it, but miracle grow organic potting soil does not. One of our leaders has used miracle grow organic potting soil with success.

So definitely sticking with organic is a step in the right direction.

3 Likes

I’m not sure. I’m not familiar with the sohum soil or many of the others.

1 Like

Try to hit up a local nursery in your area. If you have a Walmart you should have a local nursery. If you find the right one they will have a wealth of knowledge. When I was hunting for a local source of soil I found out that many less expensive bagged soils use human sewage compost for their “compost”. Yes it’s still compost but I prefer not to use it. Choice is yours. I would recommend sticking with reputable and recommended soils from the experts on this forum. Of which I am not. Good Luck with your new grow.

:v:

3 Likes

I had thought all miracle grow had ferts and nutes lol im gonna have to go too walmart today to pick up some miracle grow organic. The soil cant have no ferts in it as well too right? i just dont trust non reputable soil like @Verndoc said. @dbrn32 sohum is really hood id recommend it to anuone but its expensive as hell cause from what company says you cant reuse it. The soil a friend used said it was 40 dollars with that price id rather spend another 20 for sohum lol he had told me that there were cheaper soil there but said something about it has seeds in it.

I had came across this if yall think its any good.

1 Like

I’m not 100% sure that’s true about mg organic. Says directly on front of bag it feeds up to 2 months, which seems like a long time.

1 Like

So i should stay away from this one?

1 Like

I’m not sure, you can probably grow weed in it. It may even be good. I would say depends on whether you’re type of person that wants tried and true or willing to go out on limb to try something.

I can always try new things but i just needing something i can mix on my sohum soil so i can get be able to fill three 5 gal buckets. Is there a vertain regular seed potting soil you use? I would just do 2 plants like last time but when i harvested them and cured them it wasnt alot and the cannabis only lasted me and my fiance 2 months. Also now i have another problem… my lights dont even turn on i thought ot was the ballast so i sent it in and got a new one from warrenty and lights still dont work both bulbs dont do anything… im pushing more to the light fixture and bulbs both. Whats messed up is that i only had 4 months use of the light then craps out on me… also whats usualy life soan on 600 watt MH and HPS bulb? @dbrn32

I’ve only used fox farms soils. Light warrior or happy frog to start in.

Do you have a digital or magnetic ballast?

1 Like

This is the stuff I was thinking of

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N6O7MEZ/ref=psdc_3752881_t2_B01N7PA09Y
https://www.amazon.com/Miracle-72978510-Organic-Potting-0-10-0-05-0-05/dp/B016P3JPQ0/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=miracle+gro+organic&qid=1549942384&s=lawn-garden&sr=1-6

I thought @garrigan62 had noted somewhere here that he had used this successfully but couldnt find it in a search.

2 Likes

@Sixpackdad

Yes I did and yes I do use that soil, Because of it’s being very low N. P. K add some Worm Casting and a little Bat Guano and your good to go for your seedlings or clones.

1 Like

@dbrn32 idk what kind it is lol but here is picture of it.

company is warrenting it out and send me new one. @Sixpackdad sweet! Im gonna order 1 today! Thank yall for help! @garrigan62 if my other soil has all that stuff in it, will i still have to add some of those stuff in soil? Just wondering? Also yall are they best! :slight_smile:

2 Likes