How much soil to use?

Hmm, I came in here in the middle I think. So before I offer any real advise. I would like to ask so I don’t have to start from the top.

Are you only growing in the 4x4 tent
Are you only planning on doing 2 plants
Which nutrients are you using

I forget now if you are doing this in coco or soil. Sorry. I tend to need refreshers now and then. Trying to keep up with multiple grows is getting a little harder.
You all ready mentioned your lights, so I am good there.
Basically. Once you know what you want. plant size basically. You can move forward from there. Piece by piece

1 Like

Okay. I use sohum soil it’s all organic and has all the nutrients in soil it’s just add water from seed to harvest. Right now I have 4 plants in my 4x4 grow tent 2 are GG the other 2 are the random seeds but those will be going under led lights tomorrow. I am hoping on having 2 plants in 4x4 tent if the other GG seed doesn’t grow I will be just having the GG plant in 4x4 tent. I plan on topping them too and will be doing scrog method.

2 Likes

You have a 50/50 chance of any given seed being female. @Not2SureYet is 100% on sexing regular seeds and I’ll put up this shot of my last plant that was picked this way. It’s a good example of SCROG and multiple colas but you also have to remember that a large canopy has to be supported by a matching root mass. You can over do the canopy and it will suffer yield. The plants will only accept a certain rate of nutrients and beyond a certain point in normal atmosphere additional light doesn’t help. Once you hit your DLI the plant is unable to process the light well.

Your soil will slow everything down with respect to media like coco but nothing wrong with it; just size your pot for the canopy you anticipate and be prepared to supplement if she outgrows the pot.

Sometimes. Sometimes not haha. Indicas seem to have a lower stretch that can be further lowered (10 to 15%) by reducing your light schedule from 16/8 down to 12/12 over a 10 day period. It doesn’t work so well on sativa dominant strains IME. Just an FYI.

2 Likes

If I switch the light early vegitative stage to 12/12 to see if those 2 are either male or female and switch the light back to 18/6 will that hurt the plants?

1 Like

Plant won’t respond until sexually mature and by then you can tell.

1 Like

So I just do the same thing as the photos as I been doing and when it comes to flower time then I’ll know? I have read that you can deter,ine the sex of the plant 3 weeks of growing idk if that’s false or not.

1 Like

They won’t show anything until they reach a certain point. One thing that confuses it is clones, taken from a sexually mature plant can be rooted and flipped immediately.

1 Like

Even if there random seeds?? Certain point as when? I’m kinda sad that this is 5th day of GG not sprouting but other did (maybe it’s a slow grower? The 2 other ones got about 4 small leaves of I Thriving. Should I give up on the one that hasn’t popped out yet ot leave it alone for awhile? So I’ll be forced to leave the striving GG under both tent with 1000 watt try at least get bigger yield. I
What I dont get is I left the 2 random seed germinated for 5 days then planted them the GG is was one 3-4 day germination 1 took off while the other spend is still in soil… I dont know what to do at this point either trash it or wait longer? But anyways with then not even 3 days of random seed they started sprouting and thriving both of them. Any thought? All 4 GG seeds grew amazing but the one that didnt sprouted yet is the only time that happens to me… I sure dont hope those 2 random plants are females… if not it will be a waste of time somewhat besides the Gg I know its gonna be really good when it grows amazing. “If” those random plants turn female I’m wanting to also pick the big buds off leave every popcorn buds let it not be stressed out and flip to vegitative stage to produce more buds. I’ve been hearing that on certain forums and dont know if it’s TRUE or not. There is a lot of speculation about that method

these 2 unknown strain is growing faster than the feminized GG.

in your opinion it’s been about 3 weeks for 1 GG seed to sprout and it hasn’t yet but the others have. Should I go ahead and call it a dud, and remove it or what?

1 Like

Yeah; that was a failure to launch.

Are you putting a clear dome over these? If not you should.