How much soil to use?

Copy. I guess see what happens with new bulb and let me know.

0 Likes

Yes you will, but first things first ok

1.) your soil for your seedling is WAY different than the next two are

2.) Your veg is different than your flower soil
and then you have your.

3.) Flower soil.

I make up the flower soil first then the veg soil they go together in the same pot. flower first the veg soil
The seedling soil is kept separate.
When your ready let me know … cause it get’s tricky some times and it really shouldn’t.

3 Likes

That seems a little complicated lol not gonna lie. If i had gotten the 1st choice the natures organic one i still gotta do samething correct? @garrigan65

0 Likes

@GreenThunder101,

Ok, the soil you will make is very easy to make. When your all done and said. You’ll be able to use that soil over and over and over again saving you all kinds of money. True you gota spend some to get started but it’s all down hill from there.
You don’t have to do it all at once, I didn’t. I just made a list of the things I would need to get started and once I got everything Then I was off and running.

4 Likes

@GreenThumb101 I was in your shoes about a year and a half ago thinking’s lot of this sounds complicated. And I agree on paper and in writing it can sound a little overwhelming, but in practice you’ll have the ah-ha moment that it’s not. Trust in @garrigan65 and @dbrn32 and you’ll be happy with the results.

5 Likes

@Sixpackdad

Thank you for that. When fokes like your self say things like that it makes me not only feel good but makes me want to learn even more to share with you all

Thanks again DAD … lol

2 Likes

I’m not the soil build guy at all lol. I’d be happy to attempt bs’ing my way through it in his absence or something like that. Otherwise I go to @garrigan65 for help with stuff like that too.

2 Likes

Your a Hydro guy aren’t you ?

1 Like

Nope. I’m a buy the bag and dump it in a pot guy for sure.

4 Likes

Well , that settles that then doesn’t it … lol

2 Likes

Im taking yalls advice! Yall are awesome! Especially @dbrn32 and @garrigan65! So i got another question im wanting to get automatic waterer so when i leave for 2 weeks it will be watered. What kind should i get that has setting of how much ML a day plant gets everyday? Ive seen some online but not with that setting. Just hours and minutes and how long for them to run and cut off.

2 Likes

I have no experience with them. Last i knew @Countryboyjvd1971 had blumat’s but thats about all I have seen. He’s been kinda busy and not around as much too.

1 Like

@dbrn32 is blumats a type of brand? I found this one but if i get it i wont know how long to set it for everyday

1 Like

Ask and you shall receive … lol And I have one of these and it’s awesome

2 Likes

Yes blumat is a brand. I really have no idea on setting any of them up.

1 Like

Oh wow that looks more advanced than blumat i gotta order thay asap! I have a bit of trouble right now… my 3 seeds are in pots right now sprouting above soil. Everything is going fine except for one thing… humidity problems… humidity in tent is 20 percent… when i put 3 different cups in tent with rags in them it didnt raise humidity at all… ive been seeing of there decent price humodifiers but the ones i see dont have humidity set all they have is the ones that spray every hour or so. I really dont want humidity to kill plants or ruin them. What can i do that will bring humidity up and if i got humidifier that sprays every hour or so how do i set it up to where humidity is right in tent? @dbrn32 @Sixpackdad

0 Likes

Also with that automatic water will it drowned plants since it continously drips water?? @garrigan65

0 Likes

Best course of action is to get a humidifier that’s big enough to control the rh in room your intake air comes from.

0 Likes

Like how big? I have a 4x4 grow tent. Also will the humidifier mess up grow light? And what kimd should i get?

0 Likes

How big of a room is your 4x4 tent in?

0 Likes