How much should i keep seeds in the water

A customer has a question and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks

i should keep them in the water until a root appears???
and can be more than 24 hours ??

4 Likes

Hi welcome to the forum. You should really join and have someof the best growers around help you along the way…
with that… Soak your seeds 24hrs then place them in a damp paper towel in a baggie. Once you see the root pop out you can plant them in soil.
The whole process could take any where from a couple days to 3 or 4 maybe even 5 days (rare)

3 Likes

There’s many different ways to skin this cat. @Sasquatch’s way works quite well. I personally keep them in the water until they show their roots. I use a shot glass of distilled water with a couple of drops of hydrogen peroxide. I’ve had a seed take 52hrs but they eventually cracked and showed their taproot. One thing that makes a difference is a heat mat underneath or a cable box since they generate a perfect amount of heat to help the germination process.

Join the forum and start a grow journal we’d love to follow along and help as needed.

4 Likes

I soak six seeds and put them in a wet paper towel … it took 2 days for the root to pop on 4. But I also have 2 still soaking in a paper towel day 3

48 hr.s 72 the max if still not germination plant in soil

1 Like

Just a little extra tip or FYI-
I do the exact same way as @Tylan but I place my shot glass, with seed, water/hydrogen peroxide on top of my hot water heater in my basement (or on my heating mat if it’s available). The hot water heater does the same thing as a heating mat or cable box. Good luck

1 Like

Hi, in my opinion it is better to let the seeds germinate straight on the media in which it will grow (rockwod, clay …), lay it on a lager just below the surface and make a hotbed that you put in a dark, warm place, it is useless to manipulate sprouts and risk root damage which is very sensitive and depends on the whole development of the flower, within 48 hours I will spawn 95% of the seeds! In nature, the seeds are not allowed to drip into a glass of water …

I soak mine for 48 hours thwn plant them