How much rudarlis % is in auto?

A customer has a question and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks

“Hey, I 100% want some ak47 but my only question that I wanted to know is how much rudarlis % is in auto flower strains or are they actually well in this case 50% indica and 50 % Sativa”

from what i have read on average about 10-15% on ruderalis for auto’s but that depends on the breeder i suppose…
but for here I’m not sure i guess by 50-50 they mean the potent stuff has a 50 50 mix of sativa… but would guess say 10% ruderalis 45% sativa 45% indica… @latewood @Majiktoker ??

I’m no expert, but I wonder if the answer to the question has any real value? Breeders breed for specific characteristics. Thought experiment: you cross 100% indica with 100% sativa and come up with progeny. All of the “children” will be 50% indica and 50% sativa, right? But the children will have characteristics different from each other. Some characteristics come from mom; some from dad. The high from some may act more like a sativa, the high from others will act more like indica. Some will have higher THC; some lower.

So breeders don’t breed to produce percentages; they breed to produce characteristics.

1 Like

“The genetics behind these new autoflowering strains that breeders are producing are generally not shared or if so only in very vague terms. This secrecy is done to keep others from producing knock offs of the strains, and more often, to obscure revealing that new strains are, more often than not, descended from the original Lowryder, which is often criticized as a substandard strain of low potency.”

“The newly produced strains of autoflowering cannabis have proven that they can produce quality medicine comparable with classical short-day strains. Breeders have reported THC content in the low 20% in some newer varieties while many varieties also have high CBD content.”

3 Likes

yeah from a potency point of view the strain will be 50/50 and the question of ruderalis gene within a plant has very little bearing on the actual outcome of the strain

These are auto blueberries. I think one of the is more rudaralis then the others. It just looks funny.

Hint it’s the small one in the middle

3 Likes

they looking good @Astrocreep even the little one hiding in the corner… the runt of the litter always turns out to be the best though you wait and see what she gives you back :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like