How much longer until

Hi folks!

I’m on the home straight with these two Frisian Dew feminized girls in an outdoor grow. Not sure how many weeks into flowering either of them are, but one is a bit behind than the other.

We’re a week into October and I thought they’d both be almost ready to harvest. They don’t look like they’re nearly done and I’m mindful about frost on the horizon. The weather in the UK is still quite warm.

Anyone know when I can expect to harvest?

Happy growing!

1 Like

A Complete Guide on When to Harvest Hemp

thanks @oldmarine. I think I know when the plant will be ready to harvest but just fearful they’re quite behind in the flower with winter around the corner.

Harvest the day before the frost my friend

3 Likes

Agreed with @2GreenThumbs looks like they won’t finish in time for sure.
Maybe autos next year

2 Likes

High,
Check the trichomes. You may be surprised. Frost won’t hurt them, may add some color.
Happy growin
Ger

Check ur trichomes if there cloudy u can harvest the THC levels are at there peak

thanks @Gerant how do you mean the frost will add colour?

@Nicky so frustrating. There is a woodland just next to them so thinking to put them both in there. Very limited light will get through and they’ll be protected from frost? That should help them finish?

1 Like

High,
I leave a few “branches” to get frost on purpose. Mine turn out way Marie purple and red and other colors… and the buzz is way more “couch lock”. This has been my experience anyway. I am in Michigan and grow outside directly in “Mother Earth.”
Happy growin
Ger

3 Likes

Why do you have to move them?

A breeze will keep mosture and some frost off them.
Unless you can bring them inside a shed overnight or something.

Ha! Frost kills the leaves! Never ever will I leave it that long again!

1 Like

We started the laborious process of dragging the girls in every night. Makes for a fragrant home.

1 Like

@Gerant they looked spectacular!

1 Like

High,
Thanks man. This was last years grow
Happy growin
Ger

High,
Hers this years
Happy growin
Ger

Absolute monster. Is it legal to grow where you are?

I think I’m really close now. Some nice purple flower coming through. I checked the trichomes and they still look quite clear. How far off do you think?

1 Like

High,
Looks like a few days yet. Some pistols are still white. Depends on how you like the buzz. Cloudy Trichomes will give you an energetic one mostly amber will give you more of a “couch lock” buzz. I prefer the energetic myself but that’s a personal choice. Here is a guide to follow. Works pretty good for me.

Happy growing
Ger

2 Likes

High,
Yes I am in a legal state
Happy growin
Ger

Thanks man. I do prefer a more sativa buzz too but with this plant defo the most thc/potency possible. Hoping the other will be yield size over potency.