How much longer to chop?

I have 2 plants there bag seeds currently on day 48 since flip haven’t gave it any nutrients anymore last time i gave nutrients was 12/20 I was feeding it Sensei A and Sensei B here are some pictures

How long should i wait to chop it up ?

4 Likes

@408stoner.
Just from the pic I’d say at least 3 weeks or so.
Looks like pistils just started to change colour a bit
And welcome to I❤️GM.

3 Likes

appreciate it :slight_smile: and thanks !!

Get yourself a jewelers loupe or a lens kit for your phone off amazon.

Those will allow you to see the trichomes on the plant better

2 Likes

A tip for your next grow. See how far apart the bud masses are? Move your lights closer during vegg to get better node spacing. My buds sit on top of one another damn near

5 Likes

will do !

how far should my lights be ? my light is 300w might buy about soon

What kind of 300 watt light?
I feed til a week before harvest and i go till you get 20% amber before harvest and when they get about 50/50 milky and clear trichomes i spike the stalk and start giving ice ice baths

3 Likes

its a yueme 1500w led grow light cob ‘ true watts are 300w.

That is going to need to be upgraded for denser buds and sturdy plants in flower going forward unless you like what your getting now or doing more than 2 plants

1 Like

what light do you recommend? i was gonna buy another light of the one i currently have its $85

1 Like

I would recommend a 288qb by hlg it performs well and works great and can penetrate a canopy like the mh/hps lights it a diy build light it’s easy to do and the rewards are worth it. I added 2 288qb boards to my 2 600w hps mh lights and the density is off the charts now

2 Likes

Are you in a tent? What size is your grow tent or area if you can pictures of the setup would be great. Do you have a jewellers loupe or a mini microscope? This will help for harvesting at the right time and not miss the last bulk phase there’s some trichome charts on here for comparison.

1 Like

If you’re going to continue in the closet, the HLG 135 kits are now $130. You’ll probably be surprised at the difference in yield.

My eyes are really good, and I won’t evaluate trichome maturity at less than 25x magnification.

1 Like

got a link by chance ? don’t wanna waste to much money since ima grow outdoor soon

and my closet is 24” X 49” X60.

I’d steer you towards the 135, or 2 135s. You have a fan in the pictures. How much of that closet footprint are you actually going to use? Can you vent heat out of the space?

2 Likes

yes i have a fan in there oscillating ‘ and i closed the door a couple times but the temperature goes up to 82f so i keep the door open just a lil bit with a curtain over my door so the light don’t bother. And im using everything i have 2 my next grow was planning on putting 4 plants instead of 2. But i was planning on buying the same light i have since im tight on budget atm for my next grow to have 2 300w.

1 Like

The HLG 135 is only $130 right now. It’s going to put out more light and less heat for the money.

I urge you to keep it to 2 plants in that space. The path to higher yields is improving light per square foot. You can see the results these Quantum Boards deliver right here on this forum.

2 Likes

@KeystoneCops Your post here prompted me to look @ HLG. They’ve got the QB288 V2 Rspec board and heatsink (no driver) on sale for $94 right now. The driver for it is only ~$40. You can actually get a V2 Rspec for the same price. I might do that myself for my clones and seedlings. I obviously don’t actually need Rspec for them, but it will be nice to have the option to flower with it if I wanted to.

1 Like