How much longer 👀 is she ready now?

Zkittles Auto

5 Likes

She looks pretty darn close. In the window. Pretty much up to you. For a more energetic, uplifting high, get the clippers. If you wanna get stoned and have more of a couch lock, sedative type of high, give it another 7-10 days for the trichs to go amber. If you haven’t already, get your drying area setup, and wait a couple days before you chop, so you can make sure the temp/rh are ok.

3 Likes

Thank you i ordered a wedryer a few days ago so will chop her when it shows up :raised_hands: this is my first grow and i have no idea what doneness im looking for :see_no_evil: if i cut a small cola off her now to dry and test will it mess anything up? Then I’ll cut the rest when the wedryer shows up.

Im planning on letting the 2nd girl go amber for couch lock (2nd one is gdp). Im thinking if i can chop off a small cola now and the rest when the wedryer shows up I’ll be able to sample all the stages of trics between the 2 girls :thinking: any thoughts or advice with doing this @Borderryan22?

1 Like

I always snip samples. A quick way to dry for samples is microwaving a bud on a paper towel for a minute on high. Take it out every 20 seconds and cool it. Add a few seconds if it’s still kind of moist. Won’t taste too good, but it helps gauge potency. And yes it can get hot enough to catch fire in the microwave :man_facepalming:t3::green_heart::palm_tree::sunglasses:

3 Likes

Awesome I’m going to try that today! Thank you! :blush:

2 Likes

Plan on a bud wash? Curly blonde hair or pet hair in that last pic. That bud wash will also add to your drying time. You look you are in the window, but a short ways away from ambers, still seeing some clears. You can also, take partial of the plant now and let the remaining go as long as you want if thats the high you’re after.

2 Likes

This may help.

3 Likes

Yes definitely doing a bud wash :slight_smile: between me and the 2 cats there is definitely hair in the tent :see_no_evil: i also usually leave it halfway unzipped… theres no telling what kind of stuffs in there :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Thank you! Im trying to sample all 3 of those tric levels im not sure which one I prefer :crazy_face: i know i like the last one for bedtime though! My husband and I both like it different he likes the more energetic i like more of a couch lock but thinking I’ll like cloudy during day and then amber before bed? I prefer edibles he prefers smoking… its gonna be awesome when we figure out how we each like it and ill be able to grow it custom for us :heart:

3 Likes

It’s a good call regardless! You’ll be surprised at how much crap is left behind in the water.

Partial harvest, is your perfect ticket to figuring out your preferences…just mark them. That pictorial @6stringT posted is a perfect guideline for you.

2 Likes

Aside from ripeness - clear /cloudy / amber. The matrix gets big quick.
Also Indica / Sativa two totally different highs. And every Hybrid mix under the sun (90/10 70/30 50/50 etc etc), CBD/THC ratios etc etc - you’ll be learning for a long while like all of us.

2 Likes

What day are those gorgeous ladies on? They look very familiar. Mine are on day 73, I think. I took a sample today. Ran it through the grinder then put in a small jar with three silica gel packs from OTC meds bottles. About nine hours later it was ready to roll. Well pleased with it btw. Hope yours is as good as it looks.