How much longer at this point?

U r right @Stomper , that’s how I got my wife to let me grow, after I told her I smoke $250 a month r more, and it would only take a couple more $ I could grow for a life time for only about $50 -$100 every few months.( I didn’t tell her how much the light bill was gonna b with the new mh- hps, but that’s ok 4now.)

1 Like

Even with the MH on 18/6 and an a/c unit running the expense to grow for me is averaging at $50/mo. I do only soil and good inexpensive nutes. Hydro doesn’t have the soil expense but more for nutes. I don’t know he avg mo expense for hydro.

Indoor grows avg 2-4 oz per plant every 90 to 120 days (longer veg for higher yields) so in a 4x4 area with 600w hid or equivalent LEDs a soil grower can turn from 6 - 12 oz per harvest conservatively, more with advanced experience and premium nutes.

That works out to $150 - $200 for 6-12 or $25 down to $12.50 per ounce. I can live with the electric costs :sunglasses:

2 Likes

and those electricity costs go down in the winter when cooling is not needed…and you are getting pharmaceutical grade weed…not commercial grade dirt weed

5 Likes

To be honest my light situation is not the greatest. I bought a grow light from Amazon for 19.99 and I have a 100 watt CFL daylight a long LED shop light standing in the corner of the tent that was 19.99 on sale and I also have two 100 watt LED daylight bulbs and a plant light that was like 2.00 for heat and boy it heats up. I only use it when it’s cold outside because my husbands it The heat police. My tent us a 2x4. And my electric bill was 10 bucks more this month. This is her today and she’s in her 2nd week of flowering I think.

4 Likes

For your tent a Mars 300 would be ideal. Look online and you can find them for under $70 all day. If you are growing tall plants the lights you got now can be your side lights or used to start seedlings for a perpetual harvest grow.

4 Likes

Thank you, I am going to look!! I know there are some great buys out there.

@Paranorman last night I’m not sure for how long but my timer on my lights got messed up. My lights turn off at 6:30 pm on at 6:30 am I fell asleep on the couch and woke up to my lights on. I know they where off at 6:30 but when I came upstairs I noticed my lights on!!! That was at 1:30 am so not sure how long they were running for the tent was warm inside so I would say for a bit :open_mouth:.
Will my plant be ok? For just that one time with this light interruption?

A one-time thing like that I’m of the opinion there’s not much you can do …I would just make sure it’s set and working correctly and double check it next cycle

1 Like

Keep an eye on her for hermie possibilities.

2 Likes

At about 5 weeks total only about 2 weeks into veg I found mine had spent about 16 hours at least in the dark when I checked on them and my timer had taken a dump . So I put them into flower about 3 weeks ahead of schedule but they are doing okay . I’m sure after seeing others on here that it hurt my yield but my buds are looking frosty the plant itself is just shorter and bushey than a lot of others I see

1 Like

Something like that should not hurt too much. It’s akin to a storm passing thru and blocking the sun for a time.

1 Like

Duke not for nothing and I don’t know if you’re in the Colder Weather but a lot of us run our lights during the coldest part of the day

1 Like

I live in Massachusetts so yeah it’s getting cold!!! My timer goes on at 6:30am and off at 6:30pm. I’m not home all day so the heat is off and on at night. I do have a heater just in case the tent needs it but so far I have not. Thanks guys for your helpful reply’s😀

1 Like

@Stomper I just took your advice and orderd that light you recommend thank you because as you can tell I don’t know what the heck I’m doing​:joy: It’s so much easier to grow outside. I can’t wait till summer I can grow 6 plants and not have to worry its legal now :grinning::grinning::grinning:

2 Likes

Hey you and me both ! …I’m on the north shore and there’s another guy, @Matthew420 from around the way too!

Awesome thing about legalization! :slight_smile: :thumbsup:

There’s a hydroponic store in Medford called Rootdown Hydroponics that I highly recommend :thumbsup:

2 Likes

There is a place in Billerica that is close to me. I’ll give it a look at some point. For now I think I’ve bought everything I need. Well, my investor has paid but he’s getting 1/2 of the crop so. I just need to put in the work (fun) of growing it.

Great to see some local’s on here. I see some sharing in our future soon maybe.

2 Likes

I go to one in Shewsbury mass that is pretty great as well😀

2 Likes

Mine’s pricey ! …I go there in emergencies or if I don’t mind spending a couple bucks more but on big ticket items I still Amazon everything

Matthew, sadly there’s no such thing as having everything in this :frowning:

Here’s the up-side…! 98g. of the whitest, stickiest O.G.Kush (top pic) & 87g. ilgm W.W (bottom), both jarred this week ! :yin_yang:

7 Likes

Very nice! And you’re right, I’ve already bought more since posting. LOL

You can even start up for fairly cheap but yeah the first joint-you-roll of your own you can’t beat that feeling and nothing taste better it’s amazing how much better Quality you can make it home rather than going somewhere I’ve ordered six different kinds of seeds off of I L GM and never been disappointed

2 Likes