How much light for each stage?

I’m trying a few things out and am considering changing my lights for better coverage. My question is how do you measure the amount of light you should be using for each week? Is there a general measurement I should be using? I was going to get an outlet with the readout of usage like the one on this link.

Do I measure by wattage? If so how much for a 4x4 with 6 girls?

Power Meter Plug, Power Consumption Monitor Electricity Usage Monitor Analyzer Home Energy Consumption Analyzer with Digital LCD Display, Overload Protection and 7 Display Modes for Energy Saving

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07M9KJRKP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_4GS10SH5FN8N7WS8HZ00?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1?tag=greenrel-20

You can give this a read

The watt meters you linked are good for seeing the actual draw of your lights and or equipment and give you reference numbers to log.

2 Likes

Was gonna throw this same thread at him lol. Great minds think alike huh. Lol. Download photons app on ur phone but u will need a 22lb piece of paper to use as a diffuser gonna have to hit staples and get some paper good luck.

2 Likes

I just read somewhere that 20lb was closer to the apogee meter…see if I can find that

1 Like

Of course I can’t, I lose alot round here.

I believe he’ll tried it with 20lb and was a bit higher than his real meter he was getting some 22lb to try and see the differences between the 2. Wonder if he did this yet. Lol.

Thanks for that👍 let me know whatcha find when he does

1 Like

I have done this. The difference is there, but minimal I don’t have the actual number anymore, however. It is really about diffusing the light more than filtering. The iPhone uses the front camera as the light sensor, and the Androids have a separate light sensor, so don’t need a diffuser.

1 Like

Thanks for the information and providing it so quickly! I bought the app and an going to try it with this chart.

2 Likes

Not in my testing

2 Likes