How much is too much

Yeah @Covertgrower is right as always, here is 2 plants in a 3x4.

In a 2x4 you might be able to get away with 4 because it’s your first grow and plants will generally be smaller, then you’ll cut down to 3 and them realize that when growing with a bit of experience 2 autos is all you want in a 2x4.

4 Likes

You can make this grow happen. Just because everyone else seems to think you need big plants doesn’t make it a matter of fact. You want to research sea of green growing techniques and execute properly to have the most success.

3 Likes

Its true

You can, screen of green is still possible with autos.
Don’t top them and instead run them as little. Christmas trees.
When the flip in flower and start to bud strip the side branches and grow them as one main cola.

Should actually be a fsrily easy grow this way, you’ll easily fill your tent. Get a good harvest and do minimal plant training.

2 Likes

And I thought I was going to overpack my 8x4 with 10! I look forward to seeing the progress

1 Like

Lots of thoughts on this . I’m gonna give it a shot… will I lose quality if I do single colas

Just don’t start defoliating them until they start getting in each other’s way but it’s usually the opposite since the plant can use all its energy on a single stem but don’t be surprised if they foxtail super hard tho

Why do you think they will foxtail?

are these two Autos?

1 Like

Because they have no where else to put they’re energy and if it’s even healthy foxtailing then you don’t have to worry

1 Like

Ahh that makes complete sense… good info… I’m not sure if I’m going to keep it this way or move half to another area. I figure I have about 2 weeks to figure that out .

Here are 4 autos in the second week of flowering in a 3x3 tent… almost too much even here.

2 Likes

Yes they are autos. my current grow is photos but I have ran autos for years.

1 Like

Oh man I’m screwed… lol… I have a 5x5 tent. It’s cool enough now to set up in my shop… I think these would enjoy a 5x5 … I’m thinking I’ll put 5 in there. I don’t want to waste these seedlings … Go big I guess!

Keep in mind I’m an experinced auto grower.
It’s doubtful on your first couple grows you will get large plants.

1 Like

Also are you in coco or soil?

I’m hoping you’re wrong, but I know you’re right…lol… If I can get a 3rd of what you are showing I’d be happy for my first auto run… I’ve done a ton of research, but obviously not enough or I would not have gone so big. Lol

Are you growing in coco or soil? That will make a huge difference.

Even if you get 1/3 of those plants it will be a full time job to keep them trained to grow in that tent.

Growing them for now In there will be ideal until they grow up.
I thikk running a screen of green method and letting them all just run one main cola would be a good success.

Even if you have a bigger tent the question would be do you have the lighting for that tent

1 Like

Soil. Fox Farm ocean… I added extra perlite, so it’s 75/25.

I think lighting should be ok. I have a few tents, so I think I can get enough light to cover the 5x5 if I put three in there. All low budget LED full spectrum. I Glixer 1000 and two 600…

This is something you’ll want to read up on

Please give my thread a like if it helped you

1 Like