How much is too much

Is this too much… 8 auto in a 2x3 tent

3 Likes

Absolutely too much. :sweat_smile:

Could do 2 in there, mayb 3 if you get creative?

Maybe more depending on training, but they are autos so can’t do much of that…

7 Likes

So the pot size won’t keep them smaller? Lol… I need another tent I think .lol

4 Likes

Axeman did 8 in his 2x4 but they ended up pretty runty since they were fighting for light but decently great main colas here’s 8 autos in a 4x4 and half haven’t even gone into flower which mean they’ll double + in size

4 Likes

Pot size won’t do much. There are people who have done full sized grows I’m a solo cup. Takes constant watering, but it’s possible.

3 Likes

I’m kinda hoping for that runting… I can move the filter up top and the one growing will move to it’s new home soon. That one’s a photo

1 Like

I tried a scrog for my first grow and its been one mistake after another…this is 4 weeks into flower…lol… like I said I made some mistake s

6 Likes

IMHO, you want less but larger healthier plants, versus plants that are literally starved for light. I mean, go for it this grow, but next time think about just doing a few and really giving them the best seat in the house :+1:

Small plants are cool, and I did a little bonsai grow myself, but a plant that is getting optimal conditions, mainly lighting, is going to yield far better bud than a bunch of small plants that didn’t get the best that they could’ve.

Edit: what lights are you running?

3 Likes

Great advice… I might move half to another tent… or just run with it like you said… I’m so…went a little big for my first attempt

3 Likes

I have 2 Glixer full spectrum1000. In there…is that too much?

Never heard of Glixer, but 2 is probably ok… I run HLGs which run top bin LEDs. You should look into them as lighting is the key ingredient to big buds. It all matters, but lighting is LITERALLY the fuel fir it all to happen. Getting a little shorter in my responses as it’s time for bed lol. If I tune out, I’m sure someone will chime in! Will always be back tomorrow too

It depends. There are six plants in the 2x2 frame. They are in 1-gallon pots. Pruned down to 3 or four main colas per plant

9 Likes

It is definitely possible to do. You could go for a SOG style grow. But you would have to stay on top of training

2 Likes

If these were photo period I would say no. Because they’re autos, and flower when they want, yes that’s too many for that space.

As the above suggestions, with photoperiod, some training, and flowering sooner, it’s entirely possible in that space.

4 Likes

One plant in a 3x3

6 Likes

Yeah @Covertgrower is right as always, here is 2 plants in a 3x4.

In a 2x4 you might be able to get away with 4 because it’s your first grow and plants will generally be smaller, then you’ll cut down to 3 and them realize that when growing with a bit of experience 2 autos is all you want in a 2x4.

4 Likes

You can make this grow happen. Just because everyone else seems to think you need big plants doesn’t make it a matter of fact. You want to research sea of green growing techniques and execute properly to have the most success.

3 Likes

Its true

You can, screen of green is still possible with autos.
Don’t top them and instead run them as little. Christmas trees.
When the flip in flower and start to bud strip the side branches and grow them as one main cola.

Should actually be a fsrily easy grow this way, you’ll easily fill your tent. Get a good harvest and do minimal plant training.

2 Likes

And I thought I was going to overpack my 8x4 with 10! I look forward to seeing the progress

1 Like

Lots of thoughts on this . I’m gonna give it a shot… will I lose quality if I do single colas