How much dry weed can we yeild from a pound of freshly picked weed? I think we are doing something wrong

A customer has a question and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks

How much dry weed can we yeild from a pound of freshly picked weed? I think we are doing something wrong.

Ruffly a third of your wet weights

Last time I got over a lb wet I ended up with almost 6 oz dry

Is that a lot??

What 6 oz?
Depends who you are there are some people who could go all year off that but myself no its only about 2 to 3 months worth

dry weight will be 25 to 33% of wet weight…it all depends on drying method. temps and humidity will vary the final weight.
6 oz of high quality weed will last me 3 months easy. if it is a two hit…sit and grin quality.

Best estimate , is 75% of your weight will be lost to drying and curing… so if you pulled a lb wet , then anything over 4 oz dry is a good thing… :wink:

:v::sunglasses:

4 Likes

Harvested my very first plant, an Emperor J strain. Yield was nothing to brag about, but I’m pretty happy. This plant went through hell, almost literally… I still remember my shock when I thought it would be a great idea to put the seedlings out in the sun, in a fricken humidity dome no less…lmfao… they cooked, poor things. Out of 8 seedlings, only two remained of my first grow, an Emperor J and a Bangi Haze. Just finished trimming and here are my specs: from 340 g of wet weight (she was a small plant), there was 87g before trimming and 53 g of nuggets. 21 g of stalks, and 13 grams of shake? or whatever its called (leaves and bud crumble) which I will store until I figure out what to do with it. All in all, I’m very happy… if I had to pay for 53 g of smoke, at the local government prices, that’s be $530 plus delivery… so the way I see it, that one little plant just paid the difference in my hydro bill for the past 5 months. Thank you again, all the helpful people on this forum, for the guidance. I sincerely mean that

2 Likes

Once you get everything dialed in , those numbers will be laughable… and you will be one happy cultivator… :grin:
Just @ me if you need some help fellow cultivator… :wink:

:v::sunglasses:

3 Likes