How much do you think she will yield?

So it seems like I may need to harvest tomorrow due to 3 small bud rot sections I have eradicated. (yes I found a third this evening) There is high humidity and some rain in the forecast for the next 4 days and I am leaving town for 2 nights tmrw. I don’t think i want to risk losing it all. The trichomes are looking good but not amber yet. It is my first time grow from a bag seed… Anyway… How much do you think this will yield? I have one 32oz and one 24oz mason jar… Do I need to buy more? Thanks for any input!

1 Like

It will be at least 5 days after harvest before any container is needed. Cut, trim a little, hang and by the time you get back, you will have a good idea of how much you have, once you trim the buds. Plenty of time.

1 Like

Easiest way to get a ‘good’ estimate of yield instead of a guesstimate is just weigh the limb when you cut it. Subtract 80%.

If you weigh the whole plant, it still works, but that % will be the end weight including the trunk and stuff.

When you trim it up look for more bud rot to be sure, and do a peroxide wash before you hang it to dry. In your particular situation, I might lean towards harvesting now, rather than coming back after a few days to find you lost a lot more.

2 Likes

search ‘bud rot’ or h2o2 wash and there was recently a video posted on here with directions.

1 Like

But many on here don’t use the garden hose. Just multiple tubs for rinsing, with just water in the rest (or some other concoction then plain water)

1 Like

I can tell it’s close to harvest. I’ve seen that video posted 4x today lol

1 Like

Looks like 2oz dried to me… a half gallon mason jar should handle it

1 Like

yea just saw that vid…so I tried it today… Seems to have gone pretty well. Harvested half… We shall see! I can say that almost every branch had at least a lil bud rot/mold AND, of those mold spots I’d say 75 percent of them had a tiny (sometimes not tiny) caterpillar hiding in there. Is it well known that these suckers are the starters of bud rot? Or do they move in later? I guess next year I’ll spray a lil neem on the plants or something…

Oh no the caterpillars got ya… I got hit pretty hard by them last year and yes they munch holes in the stems and then the buds start rotting.

1 Like

Yea kinda sucks…SO i harvested half the plant and did the peroxide dip. They have been hanging and drying for 3 days and i have still seen 4 or 5 caterpillars hanging off the drying stalks! Did I not use enough hydrogen peroxide? I thought that would have killed them…