How much coverage for a 600 watt HPS?

I have an area like this ;

7’ X 4’ and a 3.5’ X 3.5’ area attached to each other, like an "L " shape. Seven foot ceiling. Are three 600 watt HPS fixtures right for this area and what kind of yield per plant would one expect ? I’ve been growing about a year now and would like to check myself

Seems to me that’s just about the perfect amount of light. Assuming 2 in the bigger space and 1 in the smaller space.

As for yield, I would think strain would make a difference as well as other factors but I think there are some rough calculations here. I’ll see if I can find them.

Found this in the blog section.

1 Like

Red dragon, strawberry sour Diesel, and Satori, Blueberry, diesel, girl scout cookies are my strains… I’m thinking out of these I would like to pick maybe three 4 keepers so far I think strawberry Sour Diesel is a knockout

1 Like

If they’re strains ILGM sells you can go to the seed section and click on the details tab for each one and it shows yield information. Still greatly to do with conditions, care, etc, etc.

So you don’t think there is any possibility that I have too much light as sometimes I get the lights as close as 20 inches or so

Well, you’re right about 50w per sqf. How close you put them is another story :slight_smile: I’m an LED guy so I wouldn’t want to suggest a height. I know they get pretty hot though.

I never let him get anywhere close to being hot at the top of the plant I was more worried on the subject of bleaching.

1 Like

Thank you Matt for your help… Greatly appreciated !

Jim

1 Like

Glad to help if I can.

@Jimburner

Hope this helps

Will

Horticultural industry standard for HID lights is 50 watts per square foot.

Seedlings and clones require about 400-1000 lumens per square foot.

Vegetative growth requires about a minimum of 2,000 to 3,000 lumens

per square foot.

Flowering requires about 5,000 to 10,000 lumens per square foot,

ideally, and can take possibly much more.

Flowering can be done under 2,000 lumens but is not ideal

and more likely to result in light “airy” buds.

1 Like

Thank you so much ! Appreciate your time…

Jim

@Jimburner

No problem anytime i can help you just ast ok?

Will

1 Like