How much can i expect from my lady?

Ik a quantum board would be my best bet but i put alot of effort and thought into this LED and i feel like i got one of the best blurples i could get, i love it and its so powerful i wish it would translate into pictures.

@Pizmopete can you link me a quantum board? And can u switch the light at this point in flower if its gonna make that much of a difference? Link me everything id need and of its worth the switch now ill do it.

1 Like

what i have now vs quantum @Pizmopete

Which light are you currently using?

This hlg qb is designed for a 3’x3’ space.
https://www.amazon.com/Horticulture-Lighting-Group-HLG-300/dp/B07887QTB6/ref=sr_1_9?crid=1YGJWH1QC8MJX&keywords=hlg+quantum+boards&qid=1570384966&sprefix=Hlg+%2Caps%2C154&sr=8-9

I just posted it above.

Ahhh, I had to look at the actual light pic.
It says it draws 248w. So it’s far less than 300w.

Yes you can switch lights during flower, but if you go with a qb you’ll need to ease them into it.

If you have the $$$ go for it, but you can finish with the light you have. The difference will be denser buds and potentially more thc with the qb.

2 Likes

Yes i see that, but the par values and stats on the lights,to me, still seem like the LED light is better. Im not understanding. Now granted the one you posted is 500 dollars so i cant compare a 140 dollar LED to a 500 dollar quantum. In comparable price points i dont see the benefits and am confused.

1 Like

The “data” provided for most amazon blurples is usually inflated.

I can assure you, the hlg qb is far superior to the greengo led.
@dbrn32

2 Likes

ok, would it be worth it at this point to change the light? or should i just wait it out and do it before next grow?

Not being a part of this conversation, if it were me…and I were going to upgrade for my next grow, I would do it sooner than later and reap the benefit on the current grow. The current grow will not benefit as much as if it had the higher intensity from the start but every little bit helps.

I went back and looked at your photos, you appear to have 4 or 5 weeks remaining, would definitely upgrade sooner than later.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the help, if someone could link me a quantum light between 200-250 (hopefully) that would work for my 3x3 i would def upgrade right away.

1 Like

I’m not sure you could even build one that inexpensively. Even with v1 boards.
Good lights are expensive. Don’t skimp on them though, they’re a very integral aspect of indoor cultivation. Perhaps dbrn32 can chime in… He’s the lighting guru here.

1 Like

ok well link me whatever you can find that is going to be worth it for me to buy that isnt going to break the bank, cheaper the better but not so cheap its not going to be worth it because i have no idea what to look for. Thank you.

I’d save money and buy a great light. Don’t throw good money at mediocre lighting.

If you find something don’t be afraid to ask about it. Most of us have wasted money on overinflated hype.

The largest part of my budget goes into lighting. I’m always saving to buy/build ever better lights.

1 Like

Pull those branches out wider

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TVD1Y3K/ref=twister_B07WG8HCTF?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1 thoughts? sf 2000. Or even this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PLYR5HG/ref=psdc_14252941_t1_B07TVD1Y3K?
@Drinkslinger

@merlin44 @Pizmopete @Drinkslinger Im really leaning towards this, would this be good? Amazon.com It seems to be well tested and reviewed online and has good feedback from everywhere ive looked.

Both of those a little small for 3x3. The link on top is better light, but they cheap out on driver and needs to be on 240v circuit to get full output.

1 Like

Im only planning on growing 1-2 plants max at a time, does the tent size still effect it if i dont plan on using the light wall to wall in the tent? Would this light Amazon.com give me a nice yield with 1-2 plants in a 4x4?

Please for the love of ganja!

Don’t pay 500 dollars for a while light kit.

Make your own!

I myself grow in a 3x3 and I made my light for less than 300

All you need is a three wire extension cord
4 qb120 v2’s- sold on amazon also
The driver hlg-240h-c2100a
18g solid awg wire .
Wagon connectors or similar
And some framing metal from Home Depot or similar.

Credit to @dbrn32 he helped me build mine

2 Likes