How much cal mag for my blue dream auto

@alienofasoul okay I never got that deep into the Fox farm nutes. I only do grow big, big bloom, tiger bloom and beastie bloom and I definitely don’t follow their schedule. It’s changed too many times and added too many supplements for me.

4 Likes

what week you in ? veg. or flower.
:alien:

I don’t need it either but I definitely notice less vigorous plants when I don’t use it. Fox farm soil has more calcium than any other element and their cal mag addition to their schedule isn’t very old itself. My tap is 250ppm

1 Like

Thanks! I uave 3 plants all in different stages and i feed them every other watering all get there different needs met according to the fox far feeding secdual as mush as i can. But being autoflowers i want to make sure i give them the right amount.

@John33 your on the right track . read and learn as much as you can . their are so many theories , you will have to plant -grow experience and learn . only way to find out what is right for you .
i started with super-soil i made . ran into a-lot of issues . asked , found what i needed to do and worked threw them . now i feel i want to get out of organics --soil and feed . so next month after this grow . i am switching to jacks instead of FF and doing coco for some and DWC buckets for others . just for the experience of doing it . then i will have the knowledge of what i want to do .
if you click on my pic it will take you to my stuff and you can click on topics then click a topic to read , i think this can be done on anybody that has a open to public acc.
:alien: Happy growing

Alternate between feeding and water only is the safest bet I thought. Gives time to observe how they handle the feeding regimen. My autos i bought here survived stress pretty well so I’m saying don’t be afraid to push them a little regarding your ppm as long as you do the flushes on schedule. 1 other thing to pass along. I use the same soils too and found the pH way too low straight from the bag. If you haven’t already, you should do a soil slurry pH test. I had nutrient lockouts due to low soil pH mid grow because I wasn’t aware that was a known issue with the brand. Might want to pH around 6.8 throughout to keep it in check.

1 Like

Fertilizing your garden with a cal-mag supplement will strengthen your plants and ensure a lush, green hue returns to your beauties . Calcium and magnesium are two of the three secondary nutrients required by plants, the third being sulfur.

I just did a sledgehammer flush then cal mag and recharde. The next day i did a feeding acording to ff feeding secdual for week 6. I think i got a little bit if nutrient burn. I flushed with 2.5 gallons of ph r.o water. My question is what should i do next as far as feeding her? Do i use a little less this time? Do i re do the recharge and cal mag? Thanks

1 Like

@alienofasoul i forgot to add the @ stuff earlier. What i read is to feed them agin after the flush. I thought about doing a soil sample and getting my ph and ppm first but wanted to see what you thought thanks

1 Like

@John33 yes , when you water- use something clean to catch some runoff in- and test that . depending on what pH reads, say 7.0 and you want 6.5 then on next feed pH your water to like 6.3 . catch that runoff and see what you get . so now hopefully it will reed 6.5 - 6.6 … to be clear you can do this with ether , watering or feeding … so now pH to 6.5 and adjust accordingly like that from now on .
You did great on the flush and recharge and feeding . normally it will take days to see nute burn ? so something else it might be is light . if you have a cellphone you can download a Free app -(PPFD meter ) in google store for android . it will tell you your DLI it should be under 55 . that is about the max DLI you want .
you can dig down in the middle (where the plant does not get as much light/shady ) and see if those same size leaves look same or better . if better (a darker green) than could be a light burn .
genetics of Auto’s can also look that way .
plus some types of genetics when plants get to a certain time in flower they will eat those fan leaves .
too many things (soil LOL) but we can work through it . keep eye on oldest plant and try to stay ahead of the problems for the next plant in line .
well hope this answered something for you- if not ask me again and i will try and explain better .
plants look great and if that flush stopped the lockout —you on your way to some selfgrown homegrown that you can be proud of . Awesome job
:alien: Happy Growing

1 Like

oh ---- on the over feed or not – you can always feed less ,but i would wait a few days and see if it gets worse , if not feed full . plus how often are you watering and feeding ?? i fed only once a week on my Autoe’s.
did you find my threads to read ? i will tag you . maybe all my mistakes that i learned through will help you . there are so many in this community that will help , so dont be afraid to ask them .

@alienofasoul thanks i will download that app and see what my light is asap. I did find your thread im reading my way threw. Im feeding every other watering but in lower amounts around 450 ppm in 3 liters. Thanks again for the help.

1 Like

@John33 how are you can you give us an update ?
Hope all is well .

@alienofasoul things are going. Im still dealing with a nutrient deficiency a little but i think i got it fuigerd out. I think my ph was to hi. I just did my week 8 sledgehammer flush and will feed them tonight. I have been cutting the amount of nutrients because they are autos but im going to up it to around 700 ppm and see how that gos

1 Like

they look great ! and at the end they eat those fan leaves . do you have a jewelers loupe to check your trich’s so you know when to chop ?

awesome job your doing !!

@John33 hey bro, I’ve grown nothing but autos so far. All ILGM genetics. I use Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil and liquid trio nutrients and cal-mag. That’s it. I do want to start using the beastie bloomz tho. I personally don’t follow the feed schedule exactly, I don’t think it’s necessary to flush ur plants before it flowers and while it’s flowering. Doesn’t make sense unless ur trying to sell more nutrients. People say don’t top ur autos, don’t stress em out at all…

And that’s with just big bloom, grow big and tiger bloom and cal-mag. I pH to 6.5 anytime I water or feed, I feed one day, water in two days, water again in two days, and feed again in two days. I do that every week and I’ve had no issues and I’m getting fat, dense, potent buds over here. Many will vouche

2 Likes

@alienofasoul Thanks! I do have a loop and im in no hury i want to see some amber in my buds so i still have some time.

1 Like

@JiggaMan1987 good lookin buds man. My ph was definitely hi watering in at 6.8 6.7 i have changed it down to 6.5 and seems to be making a difference for sure my ph in my runoff is low around 5.8 but i dont know how accurate that is.

1 Like

Magnesium during the flowering stage of cannabis plants

During these weeks, and if we use too much fertilizer, we’ll cause an excess of potassium (K) that will block the absorption of magnesium (Mg)

@John33 if u have a decent pH and tds meter, it should be pretty accurate. I gotta step that up honestly, I have two of the cheap yellow Vivosun pH pens, I calibrate once a month to try to keep em accurate and it seems to work, but I definitely need some nicer more expensive ones