How many will fit?

How many plants should I put in a 4×4 tent. I am going to be using a Mars Hydro FC- 6500 light. Going to be trying the GSCE autoflower. I was wanting to try 6 plants but after putting in the 5 gal bags it looks like 5 might be a better fit?

Auto or photo plants?

Depending on the size of the plant, four might be too many…

2 Likes

Is they are photos I would think two. I mean heck you could fill it up with one.
Happy growing…

1 Like

5 Likes

it really depends on what and how you are growing, you can grow 1 bushy plant in hydro and run out of room in a 4x4 or maybe grow 4 plants in soil no topping just christmas trees in a 4x4 with room to spare.

They are autoflower

1 Like

I would do 4 of them, I do 4 in my 3x3 now…

You could probably do 6 autos in 3 gal pots in a 4x4, if you don’t mind watering more often.

2 Likes

What kind are the seeds if w.w auto id say 4 at most as they get bushy as shit. Zkittlez autos get tall and lanky wide if u keep them spread out with no topping fimming or major lst just pulling branches down to open it up. I have 2 zkittlez autos in flower now. One is 5 feet tall from coco the other is 5.5 coco. Between the 2 i can maybe fit 1 more if i removed the toilet lol but 2 take up pretty much a 4.5x4.5 area

They are Girl Scout Cookies Extreme

1 Like

Havnt grown them yet so not sure on sizing with them. Nice choice tho.

1 Like

I am with @Ron330. Four autos in a 4x4 should be plenty of space. I also have a 3x3 and grow 4 plants, either auto or photo. I so a lot of LST so size usually isn’t an issue.
4 ILGM purple haze photos in the tent now

2 Likes

I did 3 in a 2x4 got 11 oz best I’d ever done with autos but only done autos 3x

1 Like

Am growing 4 GSCE photos in a 3x3, I could have probably put 5 in it because I defoliate. I see you grow autos.

I think it comes down to pot size, if you 3 gallon, I’d say 6, will be bushy and drive up humidity especially in late stage flower. You will water daily the last two weeks of flower.

You could go 5 in 5 gallons with less watering, with a very slight humidity drop than 6.

GSCE really do stretch in flowering, more than any other strain I’ve grown, keep height in mind, and make sure you net them once they show flowering.

1 Like

@HRBJr, I had 5 in my 4x4 tent with Maxsisun 4000, w/remote. They were in 3.25 gallon pots! And it was crowded l, see for yourself!
I just want to prepare your brother because you are going to run into some heat complications in a tent with 5/6 plants Flowering at one time.

5 Likes

@Zee, nice strain love Gsc, can’t wait to start it after wedding cake, and Sour Diesel. FYI, Sour Tangie, I’ve seen with my :eyes: grow up 6/7 inches in flowering. I’ve moved my Maxsisun 4000 light up twice now, in my flowering tent, now I’m going to bend her to her limitations too! This is crazy!

That’s Sour Tangie in the tent trying to finish! Lol, she bent all over! Lol

2 Likes

Lots of good information/tips on here. Thanks everyone

1 Like

It’s an easy grow, I use jacks 321 at full strength from start to finish. It’s my first growing and smoking it, I have “high” expectations.

She isn’t even throwing out pistols yet, as you said bend her ass over with string and a weight. I would say at least 20" of string.

I had to stop moving my light to get them to stop stretching. I got slight light burn.

They have a very fruity smell in flower, I compare it to cantaloupe.

@OldSkool

2 Likes

Zee, last batch, my bad, thought I added pics of the previous Sour Tangie, Bent everywhere. Blackjack almost folded in a circle, yes I said a circle. Lol Sour Tangie 2nd flowering just stringed her the other day, gotta fold them ladies up since I cut’er down.

You’ll laugh :joy: like I did, I bent the hell out Sour Tangie first batch, she had knuckles and scotch tape everywhere! :joy:

5 Likes