How many times do you top?

Simple answer,3 times.

1 Like

I definitely am the minority in how I grow. I run a light schedule from start to finish on a 12/12 cycle. And anyone that has seen my plants can confirm they turn into beasts.

I don’t do a pH check at all. I did get a TDS meter to see how the ppm of my tap water and filtered water. It was identical ppm.

I don’t use domes nor do I transplant. As soon as the 18 hours for soaking and then 2 days in damp toilet paper where I have tap roots they go straight into their forever home. Then placed in my grow tent with the lights at the very top.

So yeah…I definitely grow way different than the rest. Mother Nature doesn’t check for PPM nor pH so why should I? Sure growers will say pH is critical and so is RH. But I can prove everyone that isn’t true when you see my grows. I have jungles with 4 plants extremely loaded. Even with the TDS meter I probably will play around with it and see if it’s critical for my grows or not and with my last two harvest between two plants was 11.32 z’s dried and cured. One was 8 and the other was 3.32 so I don’t see the TDS meter being used much at all.

5 Likes

I would say the most efficient way to grow is never top and just bend the main stem…

But I don’t do that, may try sometime but I prefer to top, mainline, top, let it grow out, top again and after recovery flip.

Traditional mainlining is 3 consecutive tops which is just too much trauma too much down time. Feels better doing the final top before flip to catch some nice growth for stretch.:metal:

1 Like

During my current grow I’ve topped once, FIMed once, and then I supercropped the 2 mains created by the topping. It does add time for recovery. Each time I’ve HSTed it has taken a few days for recovery. Supercropping isn’t too bad. The topping and the FIMing each took about 5 days before I really saw growth take off again.

I expect a good result. I could have up to 8 colas per plant and the secondaries will produce better now that they are getting a lot of light following the supercropping. I defoliate quite a bit too, but the plants just truck right through it like nothing happened. The more “sun” I can get on the bud sites the better yield I’ll have.