How many squared feet does a plant need? (Indoors)

I try to learn you summin when I told you guys I had an Advance XTE 200 which is they latest model which out perform the DS XML light 2/1 , but since I had the China brand 400 watt I decided to run the two together my last grow and what a difference . But I didn’t do bad with 4 plants under the XTE 200 by itself honestly . But Advance LEd is like one of the top , very top contenders , the Kind LED lights are kick ass too , but the Apache Tech AT600 is by far the best money can but but a hefty price , but $5,000 for 2 of those lights in a 4x4x8 will quadruple it’s investment in 3 years . But that Platium Advance 1200 LED is a good investment huh Garrigan62 , thank you for the heads up , but you been considering LED huh or you done already switched on me huh , my Brother !!!

1 Like

Hahaha, on first inspection i felt the P1200 was better bang for the buck than the XTE 200 or 300 but on this inspection im stumped again… Haha… With the DS XTE models i worked out that you pay less per squared ft buying multiple DS XTE 100 rather than the DS XTE 200/300/400 and that kinda annoyed me lol. But in an honest opinion what is better, buying the XTE models or the P600-1200 models… So far im changing opinion like a women changed clothing.

@Yoshii, no have not made the switch yet, but plan on changing when I start my breeding.
I have done so much research on this I feel like oi have one…lol
I’ll give you a buz when I make my purchase…
I’m also going to be doing a complete journal on breeding.

B Safe
Will

2 Likes

This is because LEDs can put out very specific spectra, and often very little heat will be emitted, and very little Infra Red (IR is found in the part of the electromagnetic spectrum where heat and many other forms of normally non-visible radiation reside), or no IR at all from the included spectra is provided by the LEDs, and therefor there will be very little heat that could be felt even if “too much” or “too intense” of light is present by being too close to the plants.

And so, not that unlike a sunburn, where the sunlight never felt too hot, but the uv was too much and this damages a person’s skin, the intensity of the Photosynthetically Active Radiation, or the part of the light important to photosynthesis, this can be too strong – to the point it actually causes photoinhibition, a condition that actually decreases the efficiency of photosynthesis of the plants when they are exposed to too much light. This can cause fading, bleaching, and/or stunted development to the parts of the plant too close to the LEDs

And so, yes many lights can be too hot for plants if too close, but many LEDs will not feel hot and can still be too close to the plants where it causes more harm than good.

Happy growing,

MacG

2 Likes

So what is an effective method of guessing hight?

Usually LED lights will will give you an effective coverage area for veg and another for flower, the flowering distance will be closer and will be close to max close distance. The manufacturer will have the best info and other recommendations.

If your leaves are staying small and you notice slowed growth, or any of the other symptoms previously mentioned, you probably have your lights too close.

~MacG

1 Like

Thnx MacG, very helpful

Good to hear @pigSquishy, if you had a picture thatd be amazing? How many plants do you have under your p450’s?

Very understandable man, 4 plants 1 light? Would you need to bring in another light during flowering?

1 Like

Damn nice! Do i grow journal maybe?

1 Like