How many plants in a 30x30x60 tent?

Hi folks. NOOB here just starting out growing in a 30”x30”x60” tent. Wondering how many plants I can practically grow in there. I have Granddaddy Purple auto and Gold Leaf seeds. Also, those two strains have different growth characteristics (height, width, etc). I’d like to grow both strains but am thinking maybe not at the same time since my space is limited to the one small tent. TIA

Welcome to the community. Are your Gold leaf autos? You could grow one plant very easy. Two plants require some work. The size of your tent hinders you but others here have done what you want. Hope to have others chime in. happy growing :bat: :rofl:

2 Likes

Not autos. They are the Gold Leaf feminized

1 Like

@Lucy2 Gold leaf can get to be pretty big plants. You can go with one big plant or a couple small ones. I like to allow a 2x2 space for each plant. 30 by 30 is kind of odd space. Happy growing !

1 Like

I’ve been growing In a 30x30 coat closet for about 5 years and. Growing 2 is manageable or one big one I top once only but you have to leaf striip to avoid microclimates I like variety that’s why I grow 2 different strains I would not do an auto and a photo together autos tend to feed lighter than photo and I don’t want to mix separate nutrients for each plant but I have to from time to time

2 Likes

My tent is 24"x36"x53" so approximately the same size with yours a little taller.
I am growing 1 White Widow Auto and 2 Super Silver Haze photos but with a twist.
You might like to check out my thread here:

I’m growing my Auto on a 20 on 4 off lighting schedule except broken into 4 parts so 5 on 1 off all the way to harvest. While my Auto is finishing up I am training my photos like this:

As soon as I harvest the WWA, I will flip the photos to flowering with a 12/12 schedule.
I plan to start a Jack Herer Auto and a Durban Poison photo when the 2 SSH finish flowering. :+1: :sunglasses:

With a small tent one has to plan ahead to make the most of what you got!

1 Like

Auto does not necessarily mean short and bushy. Check out my WWAs:

2 views each of my outdoor WWAs, both of which are too tall for our tents.
Then the 1 WWA in my tent:

My Super Silver Haze photos training to run a lap around their pots.

The SSH pots sit on each side of the WWA in my tent. The WWA takes almost all the light.
I’m putting 2 more LEDs on the sides by my SSH plants, below the WWA’s bud canopy.
New side LEDs to cover the lower WWA buds and my SSH photos running a lap.
What do you think Lucy2? Maybe 2 Autos could grow together in your tent, but yield the same amount of bud as 1 Auto???
I think there is some merit to the system I am trying to develop.
Taking advantage of the Auto’s ability to flower with 20 hours of light per day, by doing an extended veg period for the photos and using that time to train them for maximum bud yield once the Auto finishes and the 2 photos get put on the 12/12 schedule. :+1: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I think I’ll stick to the one photo gold leaf and do a SCROG across the whole tent. That should maximize the yield and make things simpler. Thanks for your input everyone!

2 Likes