How many plants can I grow in 6ft tent

I have a 6ft x 6 ft tent how my 1000 watts lights and how many plants can I grow in this space. Thanks for any advice or suggestions.

1 Like

1st off, welcome to the forum.

When you say 1000w, what type of bulb is that?

Your lighting is your limiting factor. Two plants will do okay with a 1000w light. You can do many more in a 6x6 space if you add more lighting.

Honestly, a light mover and a 1000w hps would do just fine for a 6x6 canopy, plant count aside. But that’s an HID.

Welcome to the community. That 1000 watt light isn’t that much wattage. Gotta love false advertising.

I have a 4x4 tent and it’s packed with 4 plants. Really packed. The more space you have the more the plant can grow under good lights. I wouldn’t put more than 3 or 4 plants in a 6x6.

I also want to know what light and or lights you are using.

The lights are full spectrum LED. Glad to get the help I live in the Bible Belt so my chronic back pain the dr want to give me some that I will get hooked on so I’m trying to grow my on meds. I like feeling better without being a junky.

2 Likes

I was thinking 4 lights and 6 plants. But I could add more light if needed.

1 Like

If you post the exact make and model we can go from there.

You could grow a single plant or thirty-six in that tent. When your state restricts your plant count, you have fewer choices.

If this is your very first grow, 2-4 plants might be a good number just to keep things manageable. Later on, if you decide you want to grow a greater variety, you can certainly do that.

Read all you can about training methods; low stress training (lst), sea of green (sog), and screen of green (scrog).

Let us know what lights you have and what strains you want to grow. Also, getting an idea of how much you consume will help determine a grow strategy. Just MHO.

2 Likes

External Media

MrPeat

December 14

Welcome to the community. That 1000 watt light isn’t that much wattage. Gotta love false advertising.

I have a 4x4 tent and it’s packed with 4 plants. Really packed. The more space you have the more the plant can grow under good lights. I wouldn’t put more than 3 or 4 plants in a 6x6.

I also want to know what light and or lights you are using.

I have 6 of these

IMG_0293.jpg

IMG_0293.jpg

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

1 Like

What brand is that?

1 Like

Welcome to the forum!

That light only pulls 205 watts. As a reference, I have an HLG-300 in a 3x3 that pulls 285 watts and I think I’m right on the edge of having just enough.

Yintatech

1 Like

https://smile.amazon.com/Growing-Spectrum-Hydroponic-Greenhouse-Adjustable/dp/B07RQWRBZ3/ref=sr_1_4?crid=3EOSXFU7NS8OA&keywords=yintatech%2Bled%2Bgrow%2Blights&qid=1576298770&sprefix=Yint%2Caps%2C188&sr=8-4&th=1

1 Like

So should I use all 6 for 6 plants? Or how many?

It’s probably a good idea to use all 6, but only grow a few plants to start. Maybe 2

You already own these lights, right? You aren’t debating whether or not to buy them, right?

@Bubblehead, i purchased one light, very similar to the one you’re showing. it’s not the same brand as yours; mines manufactured by Giixer. similar specs. i have a 2 x 2 tent with two plants in it currently. both plants seem to be getting enough light, but with that being said, i do need to turn them occasionally and both plants are in the veg stage between 3 to 6 week. hope my info helps you

I was trying to guess what light you were using. I use HLG lights

the 550 V2 R-Spec?

heard a lot of GREAT things about this light