How many plants can I fit

Just wondering how many plants I can/ should plan to grow under this set up. They are 22x18 hoods. Room is 10x12 Vegging with 600W MH and will flower with 600W HPS. Strain will be ILGM white widow fem.

2 Likes

Have you seen @Grandaddy013 setup? He grows monster SCROGs in his garage. Has RWDC’s would be perfect for your setup.

Usually plants take up~2.5x2.5/plant, but you need space to walk to maintain.

1 Like

I’m not ready for real hydro yet. I starting to get the hang of coco currently. Unfortunately I haven’t had a successful grow yet cuz I kept trying bag seed and hermie seeds.

3 Likes

Believe it or not, hydro is easier than coco or soil and bigger plants.

3 Likes

I would say coco pretty easy I skipped soil but I wanna go hydro looks easy nice plants and huge root balls = more and bigger flowers. I do like soiless medium growing tho

1 Like

For some reason, soilless and soil grows are better for autos. In DWC they take too long, but I easily yield 1/2lb/plant in DWC.

1 Like

Interesting. When I do my new setup I’ll have to keep u in mind. Have u checked my last soiless grow?

1 Like

@WickedAle Yeah hydro is my distant goal. Still just learning how this all works. Hydro seems bulletproof with experience.

2 Likes

@Killadruid just reviewed. Was a great grow. Nice and even SCROG!

My set up doesn’t allow SCROG easily, but it is so easy to maintain. Can change put 4 buckets in less than 10 minutes. No checking TDS, and just checking pH. Most of the time it’s within range. My first two grows I didn’t even have pH or TDS meter. Still yeilded >1/2lb per plant. No dirt, no runoff not mess no fuss!

1 Like

I am interested in automating it down the road. Timers and sensors.

2 Likes

Making things on sensors and times it helped alot I also wanna go with hydro down the road. Do u plan to do bubble buckets or a rdwc?

2 Likes

If that’s the case you really want to go RDWC. Single control bucket being distributed to the rest of your system.Thats how the commercial guys do it.

@killadruid I like the mobility of the buckets but also saw some clean looking bin setups too.

Same I was think of having younger plants in bins then move to buckets.

I just never went that route because I feared leaks and a way more complicated system. I grow in a rental on top of hard wood floors.

1 Like

Thank u very much btw. I cant wait to do my next scrog. I’ll tag u in my current jounal.

I totally get it I’m in my own house in the basement so leaks wouldnt affect me to much.

Your moving to QB boards? You will like them, they are a noticeable difference from the other lights you used.

What type of hps r u running?

I’ve noticed a difference it does have that eye hortilux 600w hps blue enhanced look to the light but a little more white. It’s a nice light tho I can tell. I swear my one 260w xl kit is almost as bright as my 600w hps was. I really did wanna try eye hortilux 600w chps tho i love the blue maybe if i end up moving to a bigger tent i can throw one in with some qbs lol. But i would want a 8x4 for that lol. I dont see that in my near future but never know.