How many people here use Autopots?

How many people here use Auto-pots?
I just found this section and I am using Auto-pots.
Just wondering.
Starting to get nervous now,I had two Super Skunk and lost one to powdery mildew.
This is my first time growing in Auto-pots and my second one is about five and a half weeks.
Starting to see real buds forming now…:drooling_face:

3 Likes

I use them, get vpd chart n u won’t have mold in your grow

3 Likes

Grew one plant to see if I liked using the system. It passed and now have three going

In the second photo they are only 9days into 12/12

I have three of these in a closet. So RH can certainly be an issue. More so with spring pots than the plastic pots. Have a couple of 8" ceiling & wall fans

A large box fan to circulate air when closet door is open and of course a 6" exhaust fan with carbon filter. Separate fresh air intakes into the closet. A dehumidifier and a four way portable A/C unit (cool/dehumidify/fan/heat).
Hope you got the mold disposed of and cleaned up.

4 Likes

Not sure what size of space your working with but a dehumidifier does wonders as well

2 Likes

@PharmerBob and @beardless got ya covered on the RH. I run several auto pot systems in small spaces. They’ll definitely raise your RH starting around mid-growth, especially when their stuffed in a small space…. Like mine :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

How do you combat the issue @OGIncognito ?

Always nice to hear everyone angle at the issue, some may have a slightly less costly approach

2 Likes

I done a lot of reading and bought fans ,dehumidifier and 8x4 tent for flowering .
Will use my wardrobe for vegging,have four clones going to make up for the one I lost.
Damn powdery mildew ,hopefully don’t have to worry about it now.
My plants were too bushy as well, so have been defoliating this one.
Thanks Bob

1 Like

It’s an on going battle brother, in my small closet I have a 6 and 8” infinity fan but found that both have to be tweaked with the 8” almost at the lowest setting. I’m still old schooling it with just variable fan speed controllers. I’m doing good to maintain 60-68 on the bad days. Setting at 56% this morning and wish it would stay there. Tried a small cheap dehumidifier and that’s a no go for the size. In the dead of the summer I piped a line from a dehumidifier into the closet and it worked great…. Power Bill :flushed::flushed:.

1 Like

PnL my brother, profit over loss! Hopefully you’ll make up for bills with a cash crop

1 Like

If you guys do get a dehumidifier I’d suggest something with a pump so your not dumping water everyday.

I got a Taotronics a few years back and it still runs fine but I can’t find it on Amazon anymore sorry

2 Likes

I turned my electric hot water system off,so my power usage is same.
Cold showers for me,use to it now…:grimacing:

2 Likes

That’s always the silver lining. Good to see ya out and about mentoring the board :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

My brother from another mother….willing to sacrifice for the greater good :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Dunno where you live but you could go get thermal for your shower atleast

Disconnect hot water lead to shower faucet
Tee off cold water lead and run line to attic
Using 6” black pvc pipe seal shut with end caps and glue
Then tap into each pipe to make a jumped line across your roof
The far end returning back to your hot water lead to shower

It is our saving grace in this crazy world…
Have been in love with Mother Mary Jane since I was 15 years old.
Busted with two little plants in jiffy cups about three inches high when I was 17 years old in 1988.
Will never stop my love of Mary Jane.

1 Like

Yea you’ll have to pop a hole thru the roof- unless you utilize a poop vent pipe

Yea you’ll also have to mount the pipe to the roof and use chalk/sealer on the fasteners as well

Or a 250 gal water tank on the roof with a pull shower :wink:

1 Like

Great idea,I will do that.:ok_hand:

I’ve been known to grow in autopots :joy_cat:

2 Likes

Haha…I know

I’m only home on the weekends. If it wasn’t for AutoPots I wouldn’t be able to grow.

The hardest part of being home only on the weekend is starting seeds. Really hard to find the perfect environment so that I can take germinated seeds, plant them and have them survive the week without attention.

2 Likes