How many hours a day do I keep cfl light on seedings before going outside for season

A customer has a question and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks.

How many hours a day do I keep cfl light on seedings before going outside for season

18 hours is good. You’ll see people do more, or even a little less. But 18 hours for plants in the growth stage is the standard.

5 Likes

I second that… 18h light / 6h dark

1 Like

Ok yes 18 hours is where most of us run our lights indoors
But if your planning on going outdoors
I would match my light schedule to the natural light patterns youll be putting them out into
Meaning if your putting out in say may and sun is up for 16 hours i would eun 16 hours a day for a few weeks before putting plants outside if your running 18 hour days and put plant out into sun light thats only 14-15 hours a day your plant will sense the lower light times and want to flower
to soften the transition i would also place in semi shaded area for a few day until they get used to real sun light
With that said ive found anything under 16 hours indoors the plants will start to showing signs of wanting to flower when mature enough
Fyi
So start at 18-6 and reduce the light to match natural light by 1/2 hour a week until you match
Starting a few weeks before planned day of outdoor relocation

7 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971 Good info John!

1 Like