How many colas per plant?

I just bought some grove bags for my upcoming harvest… I hadn’t heard of them until today.

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

So, if I had not invested in my microscope, I would’ve harvested a week ago because of how yellow the leaves are. I wont be shocked if there isn’t a single leaf left on her at harvest. I tried a bud last night… She’s almost there

1 Like

I, like many people I think, have been fighting a battle trying to provide an abundance of light but also trying to keep it cool in the tent. Well, I bought a window ac. On the other side of the left wall is my hot water heater and furnace/ac in a large closet. There is an air intake in there as well. So, I’m going to vent the ac exhaust into the hot water heater closet. In theory, this should handle the temp issue in both closets/tents. Even with the doors shut in the middle of summer. Because summer is on the way

Day 71 for blooms. I think I’m going to harvest mon. morning. There is not a single leaf left. I’ve been sampling a small bud every other day… She is almost there I think…

3 Likes

Well that saves ya a ton of trimming! Great looking buds man, excellent work wish I could try some. How does it taste so far?

1 Like

I’m not entirely sure… I had COVID last year… My shits been wacky/dull since. It smokes smooth. I’ve been drying it trailer park style… Microwave for 1 min. For about a half hour after it’s in there the limonene is loud… Like my whole apt loud( it’s only a 1 bdrm). But I’m only drying 1 small bud every other night. I was hoping for lots of pinene. No luck yet. The buds themselves are mildly skunky. It’s hard to say how they’ll develope though. I’m just starting to taste the berry in my skunk berry I harvested 60 days ago. I just got some grove bags… Hopefully those will work as advertised

1 Like

So, the fungus gnats are back… The more I read about them and I look at pictures, I’m pretty sure that’s what happened with the yellowing on the LA and what’s ailing that 2 cola gfog. It looks like it’s some kind of a deficiency but it’s not… It’s the damn root munching gnat larvae

I can’t wait for that rainbow haze to be ready… To date, while all of my plants have had an aroma, none have been really loud. That haze is different. She over powers everything else. There’s the LA almost done and 3 GFOG’s, 2 in flower one of which is in the tent with her… But all you smell is her… unless you’re deliberately trying to smell those other plants

1 Like

I have to agree w Currdogg on this one. Fungus knats would rather chew on dead o material than live roots. I think as far as pest go they are the least worrisome. I would not worry unless there was a cloud of them more than would fit on a sticky trap. Like thousands. If you see just a few dozen I would bet money it is not harming the plants. I am not saying ignore them, they just are not a fire to put out. It can always wait till the weekend. In contrast to say spider mites. If you let those ride your plants will be fucked.

Fungus knats are also the most common. I am surprised you two haven’t met yet. I promise you will meet again. Especially for living soil growers. Historically I have been a big fan of a BT flood rinse. One dose usually does the trick. I think it’s faster than the mosquito dunks (same active ingredient) and it’s dirt cheap for a large jug of it.

That said, I am really a fan of Currdogg trick of adding the Neem meal. I will be doing this when my lifetime size jug of BT runs out. It feeds the plants as it breaks down and slowly releases the azadarachtin in Neem. I hate pressed Neem oil. It ruins the taste of flowers. I can taste it even just in veg. Also, it really burns plants quite easy at a useful dose. The Neem meal is the happy compromise. I think it’s the way to go for living growers that reuse the soil.

2 Likes

I had gotten that impression about fungus gnats, but I have def got an infestation. I haven’t really seen a lot flying around but I moved that red light today and they were all kinda hanging out back there. Probably a nice shady spot for everyone to kick it, you know.The gfog that has been plagued with problems, 2 cola girl, the soil is loaded with the larvae. She’s in the laundry room with the LA It explains some things though. I’ve been looking at pics and there are def similarities particularly with the 2 cola lady. While they (the larvae)

are happy to munch on dead stuff… sometimes the root hairs of the plant get caught in the cross hairs of the little bastards, from what I’ve read, and this in turn can wreak havoc on the foliage. I have to suspect there’s a correlation between the premature yellowing on the LA and the gnats. There really was a lot under/behind that light… I have mosquito bits on the way… Prob about to order some neem meal. Tried a 4:1 peroxide flush… They’re all still wriggling… Or a lot are… I have no idea if it did anything

In other news… Today is the 28th day for these young blossoms… I had to dim the lights a bit. Think I had some light bleaching going on with the GFOG towards the top center of tent

1 Like

Love the pics. Your camera roll looks like mine. All plant shots. My wife downloaded an app to our phones that screen saves with our camera rolls on our tv and computer screens. It hilarious when it hits my phone. All canna glamour shots and a few bug shots. A few fish tanks too. Hers is all the kids.

You are looking good. You should be well stocked soon.

2 Likes

Yep, plant glamour shots and a few fish tanks… I didn’t start cropping photos until recently… This is a skill I acquired solely because of my new hobby… In my defense… I do have some of the kids in here

1 Like

Step child is getting pretty bushy… I’m going to harvest the LA in the morning. Step child is going to be taking her place in the laundry room. I think I’m going to wait another week or two to move her in there though. I’m not quite ready to send her to bloom. I want to give her some more time in the extra soil I added to see if she gains any girth. Next to her is the latest addition to the family… “Shogun” I’ll prob be putting her in 7 gallons very soon

![IMG_20220515_232713023|666x500](upload://aftAcv3RYPplG2WBTE45mPtq

Xtg.jpeg)

1 Like

Dont microwave your buds my dood!:sunglasses:

1 Like

@CkNugz It’s definitely not ideal… But for sampling purposes it has been more expeditious than the oven. I think the oven actually makes them too dry. It’s funny, I only put them in for a minute but the buds are coming out stuck to the plate. It’s melting the trichs. Clearly this is not preferential but it does tell me that with a proper curing this weed is going to be pretty kick ass!

What’s up chickennugz my old friend. Are you still killing it with all your grows? You always has the most variety going at once. And I always love seeing your seed collection. Say what up to MDbuds for me. Miss that dude too.

1 Like

Can I use the spent charcoal from freshwater aquarium filters as “Biochar”?

1 Like