How many colas per plant?

So, I doubled step child’s soil today. She now sits in 10 gallons. I have also decided that I am going to go ahead and put another tent in the other closet. I am also going to put in a window ac above it. My water heater room is left of the closets and there is an air intake in there for the apts heat/ac. I’m going to put a 4"hole in the wall and rig the ac so that the exhaust is blowing into my water heater room… That should solve the need for light/ too much heat equation you come across in tents… might be cheaper because I probably won’t keep my apt quite so cool if I can just cool those closets… We shall see… It’s going down!

2 Likes

And if course… These ladies flowers are 2 weeks old today!!!

1 Like

2 Likes

Gorgeous colas on that rainbow haze, can’t wait to see those in a few weeks. Interesting training on the stepchild. I’ve been considering trying a “menorah” type of training like that so I can pack a 3rd plant into my 5x5.

1 Like

Not intentional… I was going to mainline and snapped an arm… Don’t really know exactly what I’m looking for here but if she grows buds she’s alright in my book!

1 Like

Now I showed some of her buds the other day… While they haven’t blown up quite as much as I’d hoped, they are about the size you’d expect on stems that size and they are rock hard. Even the little buds on the bottom are solid.

Processing: IMG_20220502_213154577.jpg…

1 Like

Since I bought a microscope the other day… Here is what her trichs are looking like

1 Like

So I had

these lst clips laying around and I wasn’t feeling like I’d properly abused Ms step child today, so …

Today is day 63 for the flowers… Looks like all the leaves are going to fall off on their own. She’s still got at least a week left… The buds didn’t get quite as big as I would’ve liked but they are rock hard. I’m curious to see how much I harvest off her… It feels like this last bit is taking forever

2 Likes

Blossoms are 21 days old today for both the haze(left) and GFOG(right)

1 Like

So I just learned about the evil of fungus gnats… I had seen mention of them before but somehow had gotten the impression they were not that big a deal. In hindsight the la confidential had them and I suspect it might have contributed to her leaves yellowing prematurely. I saw some flying around, though not many. I saw them in the dirt. They weren’t going anywhere else( floor, carpet). They weren’t getting on the leaves so I didn’t think anything of it. It did not occur to me they might be munching on roots… Bastards!!!

I think they got the 2 cola lady as well… They’re both in the laundry room. It would certainly explain a lot

1 Like

Annnnnd… Why the hell are they called “fungus gnats”? It sounds so innocuous… Why arent they called “cannabis root devouring locusts” or some other equally menacing moniker? Bastards!!!

1 Like

Things are warming up = more insect activity. Fruit fries / fungus gnats are part of the compost process and come with the territory a bit with organics. They can be easily managed.

I don’t think your la confidential got held back by anything, in my estimation that looks like about as much as that plant could produce, I’d be pretty fn happy with that anyway.

1 Like

They’ve disappeared actually… Does that mean it’s another cycle and they’re munching on roots again? I think I will be happy with the harvest… Those buds are solid

1 Like

So are we saying fungus gnats aren’t that dangerous? How active should my suppression attempts be? Any tricks?

Certainly, going nuclear is an option, just usually overkill for those buggers. Especially at this point, you look real close to harvest. Unless it’s like so bad they’re getting in the buds. You can top dress with some neem seed meal, it’s a fertilizer

2 Likes

No, they’ve disappeared… The 2 cola gfog is in the same space as the la. She (the LA) is def close to harvest… I’m thinking a week maybe. More concerned for the other lady… She’s compromised for sure… Leaves look like ass but the buds are good. Not trying to ignore anything I should address. Her leaves really look worse everyday

That’s some type of deficiency, I think phosphorus maybe?

2 Likes