How many colas per plant?

MCT oil?

Its a refined coconut oil, you’ll find it in the same aisle. Liquid at room temp, and doesn’t taste real coconutty

1 Like

Now that I think about it, I feel like I might have seen it but already had 4 bottles of oil and thought… “I should just start with these”

1 Like

The main argument for olive oil is the carbon chains are the longer than coconut or butter. So it literally has more attachment sites to hold onto cannabinoids. Per fluid ounce it can dissolve and hold more. It’s not like double. Just 5-10 more carbons long in the olive oil chains. None of them have longer chains than the mid to high twenties. Or else the physical properties of the oils change.

Plant and animal oils (carbons chained together) are identified by counting the number of individual carbons in the chain. It’s the same C in alcohol too that makes that a solvent. The olive oil has a much longer shelf life too. Butter and coconut go bad much faster. Olive oil has a natural preservative quality to it. Honestly, they will all work great. I really do cook a lot w olive oil. I totally get skipping it if one did not like the taste.

1 Like

This matters more than what oil you use.
Lecithin: use sunflower because there are quite a few allergies to soy lecithin. Sunflower is considered allergy safe.

The lecithin is used in almost all pill rendering In pharmaceuticals. It makes the active ingredient uniform throughout the pill making process.

It also makes any cannabinoids uniform and homogenous throughout the oil. So that the dosage is uniform and you don’t get strong spots and weak spots. Aside from making it more bio available for the body (aids the liver) by essentially emulsifying it into small equal droplets. It’s a must if you want to UP your game in oil extraction for edibles.

I personally prefer the olive oil because it’s a liquid at room temp and has a longer shelf life without going rancid. The example I have is a good mentor friend of mine had to go on a GI feeding port after surviving hacking out bad esophageal cancer. He was on a liquid diet and can only feed thru the GI stomach port. He liked to use my olive oil because he could shoot it right into his feeding port and it would not get clogged up like the coconut oil would. Never tried the recipient with the mct oil. It seems like it would be the same. I will not go out and buy olive oil until I used up the MCT oil. Or vice versa if you get what I’m saying.

Also, if you have people who really don’t want to feel intoxicated at all (left over prohibition guilt from the relentless brainwashing). The olive oil is super helpful because it can be easily cut with more fresh olive oil. I tell people if they complain that it made them feel loopy to cut it 50% with fresh olive oil. Then micro dose all day long. It’s really easy to do when using liquids versus solid-state coconut oil. The olive oil I can give somebody a plunger and say use 2 mL. That’s hard to do with the coconut oil. I am not hating on coconut oil, just loving the olive oil for it ease-of-use. I have used coconut oil plenty. Just not the mct oil.

Also, I’m going on a pet tangent, the olive oil is much better for dosing pets. They seem to like to eat it just fine dogs and cats. It’s way easier to count out one or two drops of olive oil than the coconut oil. Super easy with an eyedropper. It blows my mind how many pets seem to lose their weird dander and scratching all the time, or are suffering from their bad hips and barfing up rimedol or whatever all day. Neither bother them so much if they get a few drops of cannabis oil in their feed.

2 Likes

I use olive oil all the time in my day to day cooking. More so than any other actually. That’s meat, potatoes and veggies kinda fare. I’ve got a pretty straight forward diet… Nothing fancy, I’m not into sauces… Nothing out of a box. Just fresh food… Might be dangerous for me to start infusing the olive oil… Haha

2 Likes

@CurrDogg420
There’s no real recipe. I just skip the stuffing and stuff the weed. Half way thru I added the stick of butter. Then finished stuffing it in. Tied off the cavity. Cook normally. The butter is just a little more animal fat. Would no want to run out of solvent or have dry meat. I think i basted it every half hour. I had to cram pretty hard but I fit the whole pound. It was a 20 pound bird.

2 Likes

When I take smoke breaks to rest the lungs, that olive oil goes straight into my coffee. Like creamer.:coffee:

2 Likes

I am a firm believer in the wonders of cannabis. I have been a constant consumer of it since I was 11.

So you mix the lecithin in with the oil? I’ve got some of the soy lecithin. I read about sunflower a day after I ordered the other. I just mixed it in with the brownie mix. I didn’t think it would be necessary with the oil. I guess I thought it would distribute relatively evenly in the oil since I was cooking them together in an instapot.

Carbon chains are longer eh?.. I am no chemist however, thats a pretty convincing argument to try olive oil…

1 Like

I have def known a couple dogs who really liked to eat weed!

1 Like

I add about a tablespoon of the lecithin per gallon of oil. It doesn’t take much. I use a crockpot with a digita temp. I leave it a day at 200 degrees. Same idea as an instapot. Actually 8 hours at 200, rest it cool room temp. Then 1 hour or so at 220. Then I press it thru a metal spaghetti strainer into a metal mixing bowl. Press it with a small dinner plate it works great. Let it settle and pipet out the chunks.

I read the warm, cool, warm helps set up the emulsified canna droplets to the lecithin.

1 Like

Have you tried any strains with a 1:1 thc/CBD ratio? I got some “cream and cheese” seeds from seedsman. They’re supposed to be high in both. Im expecting 10/10. I’ve got a woman I work with in her 60’s. Shes smoked weed all her life, but weed these days is not the same as it was even 20 years ago… Some of its a bit much for her… I’m curious myself how the balance feels

How much cannabis for a gallon of oil? Do you have a standard weed/oil ratio?

I have, I ran lemon cheesecake that was high cbd. Done a few others too. It was not for me. Cbd will lower the effect though, if that is what your friend wants. I would just add cbd to the finished product.

1:1 is the way to go. All the studies out of isreal have come to the general conclusion. The 1:1 ratios are the best for medical conditions. Diabetes, cancer, autism, seizures. It’s quite profoundly better than cbd or thc alone. If I came down with cancer that’s what I would do. Honestly any autoimmune disease.

Israel is pretty unique in the fact that they’re medical community looked at cannabis is a science from the get-go. For decades even been real studies here. and not just correlating factsheet questionnaires like America. I just read they are filing for patents for certain cancers with cannabis. Israeli canna researchers…

2 Likes

I loose crumble (no need to grind, less chunkies in the end) the crock anout 3/4 full. Then I float It into 2 1/2 gallon Costco jugs. I can usually fit about a pound of trim or larf. I often give up on trimming, so then I use the whole bud leaves and all. So roughly lb:gal.

I got a trim bin for Christmas. I just started playing around with amping it with gold sift.

2 Likes

I’ve got about a QP right now in the freezer… Some is trim, some larf and some buds. There will be more soon… Couple weeks that LA will be done. I might be making a gallon of oil… It sounded like more than I would do to begin with, but it’s really not… The haze and godfathers aren’t far behind either

Or just do half a jug to the qp
I like since it’s decarbed already I can just put a little splash on my food. What I mean is if I am cooking for the family or kids or group that nobody wants to get high. I can just take a little splash of my special olive oil. Little Dash on the spaghetti. A little dipper for my French bread or steak. I guess the steak rub

I don’t volunteer in my kid’s class rooms or coach my kids lil league teams with out a little oil on board. Don’t want to smell like i hotboxed the truck first ha.

1 Like

I’m thinking I’ll wait because I’m expecting these next plants to be stronger than my previous harvests… In addition, I’ve had a problem harvesting at the right time so my earlier efforts have the effects of weed harvested in the harvest window, but on the front end of that… I should’ve waited another week or 2… Not really sure… Acquiring my wifi digital microscope is going to change all that!!!

1 Like

So, my chemist friend… Have you tried the home thc percentage testing kits???

No but I almost landed a sweet job. It was manager of a testing lab just after Wa legalized. Went to 3 interviews. It was the most money I was ever offered in my life. The lab finally offered me the job but told me I had to move to Portland. They were not going to open in Wa after the state made the taxes so high. They thought it would effect revenue or something. And they said the state had some shit $$ costs for the lab to set up. That they were walking away from the land they bought by the Seahawks stadium.

Honestly, it was who I knew more than my formal resume. I could do the job for sure, but I was no gem candidate. One of my old fish buddies was more of a mad scientist than me. He got out fragging coral and began testing weed. He tracked me down thought I would be perfect for the job. The place is in Oregon and California with tons of labs. Nothing fancy, just cold chromatography. I studied o chem at UW and fish ecology. Took enough genetics classes to minor too. College was affordable in the 90s. Working class affordable. I don’t know nowadays I would pay for it. I would be a tradesman if I was coming of age today.

2 Likes