How many banana kush auto flowers can i grow at once in a 24x48 grow tent

I’d say you could fit 3 plants in a wide v formation if you don’t mind them being a Lil cramped

5 Likes

Not a party without you @Nicky
:v:t3::sunglasses::dash:

1 Like

@Newbiedude I have the same brand of light, and WAS going to purchase the 2000 dc model also but ended up getting TWO of the 1500 dc models instead to boost wattage. NOW, what REALLY torqued my chain and i ALMOST sent them back over this…i don’t like false advertising, and AMAZON’s description, the PRODUCT’s description and EVEN BestVA’s website (because yes i checked if it was cheaper direct) description said those were 260W output each…they are 195W output each… that’s 130W disparage of what i calculated to have for my space/plants. I feel i could use a 3rd to get back to just above what it SHOULD have been… the OTHER thing about them is, they are a LOT more “blurple” than the pics look online. The VEG setting is NOTICEABLY “whiter” light than the “BLOOM” setting but is not a very “white” light :wink:

1 Like

Alright then! this forum shut me down to protect everyone else from me. What a tyrant I must be, I attempted to make more than 16 posts and got cut off for 24 hrs. Let’s see if this posts yet.

@TheVirginian how are your plants doing under this light, assuming you are using it? Mine was due here today but UPS, 2 deliveries in a row, has delayed delivery. Actually lost my other delivery. I am guessing I can send this thing back before I even open it. Local shop here wants $400 for an HLG 300L. More than I want to pay. The BestVA light gets some good reviews which is one of the reasons I purchased it.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum! Photone is a really great app, beta testing the Android version for it personally at the moment. No diffuser needed on the Android side. If it is for your model it will let you know. Be out soon. You have all the help you need here.

1 Like

@Budz yep, thanks to Low for giving me the heads up on the app. downloaded it to day on my phone. Looks like I may need it to get the right light intensity on my plants.

2 Likes

Mine did fine under them. I had 6 plants under those 2 lights and had to take’em back outdoors to put in the ground (they had gotten WAY too leggy from a first light purchase failure that got sent back, WAYYYY underpowered). I could see the writing on the wall so to speak that i was going to run out of ceiling space to raise those lights before they were going to run out of will to veg taller :wink: I just have one GSC strain under each now, in 5gal pots in a closet and they’re doing great. I JUST missed the window to send those lights back day before yesterday. I thought about it yesterday and was like, i should see about swapping those for something else (have obviously a month of use now to get a good idea what they do) and noticed i had missed it by a day, lol. It’s all good man, I intend even if i DO get “something better” (more like something that suits my picky taste/interest and idea of what it should be, lol), i will use those for seedlings/clones/flowering or however/wherever needed to make this crazy train function on it’s tracks with as few hiccups as possible :wink:

1 Like

yeah, I am going to go ahead and use it. am also considering that maybe the so called 2000w unit may have been a better powered unit for my tent anyway considering that the watts used by the units are perhaps a little on the energetic side on the website. I think I should know fairly quickly if it’s at least powerful enough. But, then again, I guess with this photone app i should be able to know right away if it’s going to be a problem with the amount of light output i get from it. I went ahead and purchased the blurple light add on for it.

1 Like

@Low you were asking me about the par/dli values of this light I am getting. It came today and it does have the PAR values listed.
veg mode only 30" = 357, 24" = 789, 18"= 926, 12" = 1318,
bloom mode only 30’ = 368, 24" = 724, 18" = 1089, 12" = 1400
veg and bloom modes 30" = 522, 24" = 760, 18" = 1036, 12" = 1329

don’t see any values listed for dli

1 Like

Personally id try and keep it around the 900 mark through the entirety of the grow until the last 3-4 weeks of flower then maybe 600-700😎

@Low from the time the seedling pops it’s little head out of the soil you are saying I should keep the par value that high or after it develops a first or second set of true leaves?

1 Like

No no no 30” at seedling. Hit it with 700 after you have at least a set of “five fingered leaves” ease up to 900 by the time you hit flower, as long as the plant reacts nicely. If the leaves taco back off for a week, then bring it up again. Until like week 7-8 of flower, then reduce…

I’m not one to follow spectrum, I feel like as long as you provide the proper amount of light color does not matter.

Actually the more intense the light, means you need more air flow, means more nutrients. more intense light means more photosynthesis, means more energy is being consumed… It’s a balancing act. Stick to with the first part of this message, until you get in the groove, then you can start pushing your plants capabilities.

2 Likes

Thank you sir! Light is set at a height of 30". Now just waiting on the seeds to pop their little heads out and I should be up and running. But dang, a lot to learn and a lot of mistakes in the future to deal with. This forum is gonna be a God send on getting me straightened out.

3 Likes

NOT ENOUGH!!!.. :grinning:

1 Like

LOL! I agree 110%. This forum might not be enough to straighten my old, dense arse out. Been screwing up since I was a young lad. So I have plenty of experience. But I think the fine folks here will set me on the straight and narrow. Geez, I hope so anyway :grinning:

1 Like

63 years young here.I bet I have underwear older than the average forum member!!!..:>)

4 Likes

I think you’d be surprised. Your younger than me!

3 Likes

old hippy, yeah, you and I are the same age, 63. and you are probably correct about the average age of the folks on this forum. i was reading a post in another section of these forums and if i remember right, there was one person claimed to be 73 or 74. but, in the time frame you and i grew up in, in the 70’s, and older folks would have been in the '60’s. Things were a lot different then and I can tell you from my experience, the younger generations have sure upped their game on the cannabis scene. We used to pass around joint after joint and had a heck of a good time doing it. I take 2 hits off of some of this stuff now and I’m done. i know, rookie:). but that’s ok. i have a dang good time taking my 2 or 3 hits or whatever. i smoked a butt load of it in the '70’s. joined the navy in 1981 and started truck driving after that. I was always subject to urine tests and often took them. so my cannibis days were behind me for a lot of years. i retired last year and had a doobie waiting on me for retirement day. i have had trouble for quite a few years with back pain and insomnia and a couple of hits or so in the evening quell my back pain and insomnia all in one fell swoop. so now, i want to give my hand at a go around of growing my own weed. successful or not, it’l be fun.

6 Likes

How do I post a question on this forum?

1 Like