How many autos can I grow in a 30 by 30 grow tent

From a fellow grower: I am planning to buy some autoflower seeds, probably white widow. I have a 30”X30” grow tent with 1200w LED and plan to LST for maximum yield. How many autos can I grow in that area without sacrificing yield?

You can always glean out the weaklings if there’s too many. Auto’s tend to start flowering at the slightest upset including transplant and trimming, they don’t go into shock like normal plants, they go into shock flower! Good luck, I stopped using autos after my first try using them, they’re too moody and unpredictable like PMS and menopause on steroids!

2 Likes

Two plants would be best

1 Like

Welcome to the community I personally would do one. Your tent is probably not more than 6 ft tall so by doing one I would try to spread it out and completely feel the 30" x30" area. If you choose to do more 2 would be the most .good luck

2 Likes

I supppose I’ll start with one plant then. Since this is my first grow, I have no idea how much area to expect these plants to cover once the lst has them spread out. I didn’t really think they would grow big enough to cover a 30”X30” space but that’s fine if they do. Thanks for all your help.

ive done 5 autos in a 48x48x80 tent and that was just enough room with little bit of space

I grow 4 autos in my 36"x36"… I know I am affecting the max potential of each plant, but also know I will maximize every inch of my tent. Often times 1 or 2 of my autos are runts, or just small plants, and this is why I do 4, so the others can take up the space. But I am not to worried about using up my seeds, as seeds are a small cost compared to the ounces I get out of them…

Good luck whatever you decide…

1 Like

You have the right approach. Who cares how much each plant produces. You are maximizing your space and keeping turn around times short.

2 Likes