How many auto flowers in 2x2 grow box

Hello there,
I am planning on growing a few indica- dominant auto flowers( probably a White Widow from Seedsman) in a Superstar Smart grow box ( The dimensions are 24"x24"x60"{I would grow in a tent, but I don’t have the possibility}), the medium will be coco coir with perlite and the light a Kind K3 XL300 LED with an actual wattage of 210 watts. I will apply a LST tie down method to those plants, to not stress them much. The question is probably stupid, but I would like to ask if I can fit at least 2 plants in the grow area. I will appreciate any advice.

Do you want to grow multiple plants so you can enjoy several different cultivars, or are you trying to maximize your use of the 4sqft?

Edit: I think one plant is right, assuming the plant will fill out the space.

2 Likes

Okay, thanks for the reply, I will see how it goes

1 Like

I also vote one plant spread it out a little bit you can easily fill that 2x2 space.

3 Likes

One plant!!! You’ll get more off one big one than trying to squeeze two plants. You can LST and work on maximizing your one plant. Plus if you mess up it’s in a smaller scale

:call_me_hand:t4:

2 Likes

This is my one auto in a 4x3x4

3 Likes

Very nice that’s what I’m talkin about ! one plant will easily fill a 2 x 2 .

1 Like

I was thinking about your question while tending to my garden. I urge you to consider a photoperiod plant instead of an autoflower. You have a nice light tight cabinet, and a photo will give you more control. I’m not questioning your personal preference, but sometimes people think autoflowers finish faster or are better for small spaces; to my mind, those assumptions are questionable.

4 Likes

@KeystoneCops agreed!!! Autos can be a fickle little bitch!!! Mines an auto week 7 I’m having to force flower cause she’s getting to big for my grow tent!

With photo you get to decide EVERYTHING!!!

1 Like

You and @KeystoneCops do have a point, but since this will be my first grow, I will be impatient and at least would like to try the autos. I sincerely appreciate all of your responses and advices. @kellydans almost forgot to tag you, I thank you as well, I hope all of you have a nice day!!

3 Likes

Definitely can get 1 in that space…maybe 2 Autos. More than that you will hurt your crop. :+1:

2 Likes

Sounds familiar I asked how many can I fit in my 2 x 4 space. The answer was 2 , but I needed 3 so 3 it is. I controlled the growth with paper clips to hold the branches close but separate for maximum light like a bonsai tree. Thanks karate kid for teaching me about plant manipulation. BTW they are white widow autoflowers.

1 Like

Gotta start somewhere. I started with autos too, gave me the opportunity to learn the plant. What everyone has said about the benefits of photos is absolutely true, control flexibility etc… Keep her as stress free as possible, yourself too, don’t be surprised if something goes off track (the forum is here to help) - it would be a first if it doesn’t. And, in a grow or 2 you will be looking at photo seeds.
WWA - good choice, agree 1 plant. My favorite auto to grow was blueberry.

1 Like

This is a 20"x30" space and that’s a relatively compact auto in the middle, if that gives you some perspective. The big pots are 3 gallon.

1 Like

Growing in coco is fast, if your plant stays healthy and you feed properly 1 plant will be good.