How long will mixed nutrients last?

I grow in coco and use Advanced Nutrients coco grow system (grow & bloom). I water daily and mixing this stuff every day is getting to be a pain in the ass. Can I mix a week’s worth of nutrients at one time? I use RO water and I can keep the solution dark and cool if that’s what it needs for longevity. Will it stay good for a week?

Yes, but ph every use. I would recommend single use only.

2 Likes

Yes as @Covertgrower says but make sure to stir really well before using as well or have a bubbler agitate it so stuff doesnt fall out of solution. It why the reservoir or bucket needs cleaning every once in a while. Youbwill notice precipitate starting to stick to the bottom after a while.

2 Likes

Thanks guys. I’ll do as you recommend. Stir well before each use and clean the container regularly.

You don’t need to check the pH though since you are using the A-N pH Perfect products.
If you aren’t doing massive quantities, I would recommend storing them in one gallon jugs. These are much easier to just pick up and shake than dealing with a 5 gallon or larger container.
One note: If you are using Big Bud and Voodoo Juice at the same time (like at the beginning of flowering) it will develop a stink like a bottle of chewing tobacco spit after just a couple days of storage. It’s fine - it’s the bacteria feeding on the sugars and essentially fermenting. It’s pretty nasty, though - just letting you know so you aren’t alarmed.

3 Likes

Thanks for this, I have been wondering this same thing for quite ahwile now.

I would like to be kept informed on this subject.
I have two small seedlings still in red cups. I typically mix up a gallon and use very little to feed them. I use GH three part plus SI and cal-mag and molasses. Recently I’ve cautiously tried to keep the left-over solution and use again instead of mixing another gal. It appears to be working and I have been pH-ing prior to feeding with the same mix.
From what Ive read above that it’s OK as long as I re-pH each time. I just don’t know if it’s OK since I add the molasses as well.