How long will it take

ok since this is my first time. i know nothing i had 2 seed sprout just from some smoke i got and was wondering how long it takes from start to finish? i keep reading flower time is that after the veggy stage

1 Like

@perry2 flower time schedule refers to after you change the lighting to 12/12. I count when I see pistils and count from there also. Then I have a general timetable to harvest based on that strain flowering time.

2 Likes

^ solid method right there. Provided you have a photo period strain, you can essentially veg as long as you want. Plants are capable of flowering when they are about 4 to 5 weeks old. After that, flowering times are generally estimates.

2 Likes

Very generally speaking:
Germination: 1-2 weeks
Seedling: 1-2 weeks
Veg: 2-10+ weeks
Flowering: 6-12 weeks, @Covertgrower has you covered with his post :+1:
Drying: 1-2 weeks
Curing: 2-6+ weeks

Each of these times varies depending on strain, setup, training methods, etc. Generally speaking, you’re looking at 4-6 months for a photo, 2-4ish for an auto, but there’s a lot that goes into it that could change it, throughout. For example, you might have a straggler that takes 3 weeks to germinate. Or you might break a branch or stunt your plant transplanting, which would lengthen the veg time on a photo. Or the breeder might say 55 days and they take 70. To get the best answer to that question, best way is to grow a few plants in your setup.

5 Likes