How long will a plant survive without light?

I have a power outage where I live because of storm power people said it should be back on Sunday so right now my 2 plants that are in week 6 flower and my other ones that are vegging haven’t had light since yesterday. My question is how long will they stay alive with no light? Also with not having any lights the plants are looking like this

talking about water all over plants and soil damp.

2 Likes

Likely 3-4 days. Possibly longer. Not really sure.

1 Like

I was forced to take mine outside for a week during the summer due to a similar issue.

2 Likes

@Covertgrower I haven’t seen any signs of dying leaves yet still healthy green. Sunday should be the 4th day. The only changes I’ve seen so far is a shit ton off trichomes forming but I guess cause it’s maturing faster since lights are off. If my veg plants start to preflower because of this issue when my lights cut back on it will reverse itself back to veg without stress or not leggy will it? Oh also do you think it’s just humidity that making soil damp and water droplets on plants? @SKORPION I was actually thinking about putting them outside but the problem with me putting plants outside is most strains can’t handle the outside cold too well and both tents have scrog nets in them so it would be hard for me to move them outside which sucks I would love them to be outside though just so they can get some type of light. Did your plants do fine when you put them back into a regular light schedule from outside? That hurricane Zeta tore up every powerline pole and was unexpected :unamused::unamused:

1 Like

Right I hear ya just threw it out there just in case. Desperate situation.

1 Like

And yes my plants reacted fine however now the hours of daylight have changed so I’m not sure, but then again I didn’t have an option. My problem wasn’t really a power loss but my AC went out and I lost temperature control.

1 Like

If you’re going this long in the dark, they will be triggered to flowering.

1 Like

Oh that’s not good. Sometimes my Temps are too high also. Humidity down south gets high in the summer August is the worst month with humidity. @Covertgrower the plants vegging are about 6 weeks old I was planning on flipping light schedule 8 week-9 weeks into Veg so when light comes back on will the plants be okay to get flipped to flower stage after 2 weeks of light to get them back to veg? If that makes any sense.

1 Like

Now covert can tell you about reveggin sometimes it’s worth the effort and time sometimes it’s not. I mean @MrPeat runs his on 12/12 flower schedule the entire grow.

2 Likes

From seed to harvest? I had a thought about if I can send the plants back into Veg to veg them 5 more weeks so the Zkittles and others would be at total of 3 month veg. But the 2 plants gpd and CBD plant will be 2 and a half month veg. I just wanna know what can help plant go back to veg safely. The tops on the plants show a tiny sign of preflower. Later today I’ll post pictures of the tops of them. So basically it can either go good or bad trying to ReVeg?

1 Like

I recommend to allow it to flower. Are referring to the plants in the above picture?

2 Likes

No not those ones I’ll have a picture up in a few minutes im not at home right now. I went with putting all of the plants outside power company won’t get power line poles fixed til the 4th now. Decided to take that route and just let the 2 plants that are flowering finish outside since they got a few more weeks left. It gets cold at night but not below freezing maybe around 50s but humidity for few hours today and tomorrow so I hope I don’t run into mold issues or bud rot… I’ll have the pictures of the plants Im wanting to reveg when I get back home

smallest plant is 2 weeks old and it’s CBD the rest are indica dominate hybrids 1 sativa @Covertgrower

3 Likes

All look good.

1 Like

Thank you. Do you think their shouldn’t be a problem sending them back to veg? Oh the 2 plants that are already flowering are loving the sunshine alot.

1 Like

Good to hear your salvaging the situation.

1 Like

Check this out one day they been outside I had to defoilate a good bit and put down stakes to spread the ladies out.

there more spread out than this. Just gonna leave the 2 flowering ones outside to finish. I don’t wanna put in 3x3 tent cause something could happen to them. Bubba Kush has too many red hairs.

2 Likes

That last picture of the small veg Plant that has about 4 nodes should I cut the fourth node and leave the 3 nodes? Or just top or FIM it like normal? @Covertgrower

Up to you, you can do either.

1 Like

If I cut the top node won’t it start having more colas branch out? @Covertgrower