How long to veg in hydro to try and get 2 oz per plant?

Hello people, looking for hydro growers who can help me reach my goal of 20 oz with 10 plants.
How big do I want the plant to be before switching to flower basically, Ideally want to get this grow done asap so I can relocate is the thing, but I don’t want to overly rush it.

Any info or help is awesomely appreciated! 20 oz would be 2 oz per plant, and from what I’ve seen on here that isn’t extremely hard to do :slight_smile: I was thinking of doing a skrog when the smallest plant reaches 8 inches, and then LST and monster crop into the skrog as the plants stretch like mad during flower.

anyway, hope you can help me reach my goal, much love as always ILGM family.

1 Like

good morning @McLovin777, they say a plant can double,even triple in size during flower…i’d say 12-20 inches…that is just my opinion there. what strain are you growing?

Morning sir @BIGE, I can’t tell you as its not ILGM’s, but I think I can show you the specs so to speak.
This is my first grow so have no idea on much of how long I need to veg for ect, I swear @hillcrest21678 (who does amazing skrogs) doesn’t veg for very long, was my thinking.
THC: 18%
CBD: Low
Yield Indoor : 500 - 550 gr/m2
Yield Outdoor: 500 - 550 gr/plant
Height Indoor: 80 - 140 cm
Height Outdoor: 200 - 270 cm
Flowering: 7 - 8 weeks
Harvest month: Late September
Genetic Background: Power Bud x Skunk
Type: Sa 50% In 50% Ru 0%
Effect: Extremely high, long-lasting, body relaxing
Climate: Mild Cold

1 Like

yea vegging is all about how you want your plant to end up,so to speak…short veg/short plant=less buds longer veg/bigger plants=more buds…genetics then will come into play,power bud*skunk sounds like some good stuff,lol.i’d go a min.of 12inches…again thats just me

1 Like

Sounds about right really, no point rushing by 3 weeks to lose ounces and ounces of what could have been I guess. @hillcrest21678 @Akshooter how large are your plants before you flip to flower?

1 Like

yea,let us see what other folks say and make an educated decision about your needs @McLovin777

1 Like

I just want to remind you these numbers are averages based on an expert grow under ideal conditions a person can get more or less yield based on skill. For every issue encountered you can expect a drop of 5-10% so don’t set goals super high your first round roll with it keep track of everything so you know when they were happiest and what changes had best results than apply for next round. Each strain is slightly different take your time and learn the strain you’ll be happier with your results rather than being strictly yield focused yields increase with experience

3 Likes

That’s fair, I mean I am not only focused on yield, but this go round, Id like to get an idea of how to get 2 oz per plant. I think its totally doable, as I’m sure you’d agree, its not a huge amount off a plant really. Just not sure how long to leave these ladies in veg

For me it depends on how I’m going to do them. For a scrog I set the screen at 12 inches above soil for indica and 20 inches above soil for sativa. Then I wait until the plants show pre flower and switch to 12/12. If I’m not training the plants, I switch when they can still at least double in height and still stay the proper distance from the light. Sativa’s you you want to give them enough distance to triple in height.

2 Likes