How long to get growth

Your plants are looking great @perry2, keep doing what you are doing.

You should match your filter size to your exhaust fan size, a 4" system should be fine for a 4 X 4 tent. Be sure to provide for inlet air.

There are many different views on defoliation…My view is to not remove leaves unless they are causing some sort of problem. As I near the end of veg (last few weeks) I may remove a few fan leaves but mostly I tuck them under. In the last week of veg I may get a bit more aggressive with trimming. The important factor here is that the leaves are where most of the photosynthesis takes place. In effect, the leaves are the chemical factory the produces the food to fuel plant growth.

I am not sure how many plants you can grow in that space, I would think that you could grow at least four plants in there. It is largely dependant upon how large you want to grow them (ie how long to veg), this is assuming photos. Autos will be smaller by nature, I believe, I have never grown autos.

1 Like

@merlin44 thanks I have all photos 2 witch are bag seeds from sugar black rose then I have 4 white widow the WW are still very small

2 Likes

For reference only, here is a link to my current grow

I am still fairly new at this but have had good results so far.
@perry2

1 Like

Most of them are. You have to consider cfm rating of the filter and static characteristics as well. 4" is merely the flange size, and can be a really big or pretty small filter.

The one I’m looking at has a 190 cfm @dbrn32 I have no smell from them yet but when they go to flower I’m sure they’ll Start to smell then

1 Like

That should work provided fan will do something similar or a little more. Keep your duct limited from bends and being as short as possible.

1 Like

@dbrn32 will 12gage wire work for wiring the lights it’s the only solid core wire I have or is it a run to the hardware store

Oh and what would be a good distance to hang the light over the girls

You mean for the boards? That’s a little too big for the connectors. 18awg solid with high enough voltage rating is the best. A lot of hardware stores don’t carry it, need like an electronics store usually.

1 Like

What should the load rating be for it? And thanks @dbrn32

18awg copper is usually good for something like 7 amps, unless otherwise stated. Stuff I buy is usually 300v or 600v.

I don’t remember which boards you have, but hardware store may have 150v thermostat wire in 18. If you’re using something like qb 120 that will work.

I’m doing the qb132 1v (4) in a series

Well it seems like it took for ever but got the lights built and the tent set up I want to thank everyone that helped with the short bus rider @dbrn32 @merlin44 @Sixpackdad @Verndoc @Myfriendis410 @kellydans

4 Likes

4 Likes

Now since I have you here what I’m I doing wrong I have spots

2 Likes

Light looks good! Any chance you splashed some water or nutrient solution on there?

1 Like

Ya I have been misting them a lot

1 Like

I wouldn’t sweat it too much at this point. If you’re going to spray plants, try to do so right at lights off. Just keep an eye out for more to pop up.

1 Like

Great thanks dbrn32

2 Likes

That’s pretty common. You are doing fine.

2 Likes