How long to get growth

ok they have been out of the ground for 2 1/2 weeks it just seems to be taking a long time to get any growth to it

1 Like

They could b working on their roots rite now, they will take off before u knw it

4 Likes

They got to this stage after like 4 days and have just been sitting there. They look real healthy I’m also thinking I might have a problem with humidity I can only get it up to 40%

1 Like

You can use a dome to increase humidity also mist a couple times a day with a spray bottle. Good luck

2 Likes

I agree with @kellydans on using a dome if u need to @perry2 they look healthy tho

1 Like

I have a fan in there to get some air flow to get stronger stocks wouldn’t a dome pervent that

I agree with the others, place dome over top of them. Also make sure there are plenty of holes in ans around bottom and sides of the cup.

2 Likes

At this stage the dome will just be temporary, u can take dome off for abit daily if u want them in the breeze for awhile. Have u tried adding a humidifier?

1 Like

I’m growing in a 2x2x4 area I’m thinking a humidifier might be to much

1 Like

Right now your plants collect all of the moisture they need through the leaves, until a tap root is established. Putting a dome over the plants and spraying it daily provides the moisture to grow without over watering. If your soil media is damp then you are currently over watering and that will retard (and ultimately kill) your plants.

Hope that helps.

4 Likes

Good deal I’ll start misting them so the low humidity might be y there not getting any larger

1 Like

What kind of soil are you using; and what do you pH your water to?

I still need to get a ph tester

As soon as possible get a ph meter and a Ppm meter, and some pH up and down solution. The pH meter should be the kind to measure a liquid, not the kind that is a probe for the soil. The pH of the water or nutrient solution needs to be 6.5, and ideally the Ph of the runoff water should be in the range of 6.2 to 6.8.

The soil looks decent based on a casual peek at their website. It look heavy in food for the plant. I would not add any nutrients or fertilizers for a while.

1 Like

The run off water is the water after it go’s thru the soil?

Yes, exactly.

I am not a soil user, I use coco and water frequently, even when the plants are young, so I get runoff measurements early. But, you need to be careful in soil, from what I have seen, when the plants are young to not overwater - you may not want to go to runoff yet - especially if you have overwatered already. But when they are established in thier pot, using a drench to drought watering schedule, is frequently recommended - watering until at least 10% of what you put in comes out the bottom, and then waiting until the soil is significantly dry before watering again.

Getting that drinking water to 6.5pH for your next watering is key. I think you’ll be off to the races once that is on target.

Assuming you got some holes in the bottom to facilitate drainage, can you see any roots at the perimeter of the solo-cup. They are probably getting close to needing a transplant.

@perry2 check out my journal if you like. I’m a few weeks ahead of you so you can see how my girls progressed. I am using a similar Michigan made Super Soil. My pics will show you how mine progressed. CAUTION: I’m a nube so my journal is for informational purposes only! Any attempt to replicate my methods are taken at your own risk! Journaled methods are not approved by any gov’t. agency and therefore not recommended nor considered acceptable by aforementioned agencies. :sunglasses::sunglasses::joy::rofl: Sorry just crackin myself up… Enjoy the ride!!

:v:

2 Likes

Until you have access to a good PH meter keep using distilled or R/O water only. You won’t have any issues with PH by doing that. Unfortunately you can’t run your whole grow on distilled only.

I like this meter:

https://www.amazon.com/Apera-Instruments-AI209-Waterproof-Accuracy/dp/B01ENFOHN8/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=33CD64GOQ90ZF&keywords=apera+ph+meter&qid=1550762639&s=gateway&sprefix=apera+ph%2Caps%2C209&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1

1 Like

Are there any meters that will give me both the ppm and ph? I just ran to the store 20 miles away to see about a ph meter but got there a half hour before they opened. I have been hearing more about ph than ppm is y I went looking for it in soil how important is the ppm?