How long to flush using Sledgehammer

Outdoors in northern Cali. Got another question for you veterans out there. How long do I need to flush to get rid of all the nutes before I pull them? 1 week, 2 weeks? These things are getting close it looks like and I haven’t even added the Beastie or Cha Ching yet. I am having a hard time timing this thing with the fox farm schedule

Most people I think shoot for about a one week flush.
We can tag some others for their thoughts.
@Bulldognuts @Hellraiser

pictures?

4 Likes

I used FF Dry nutes and tried to give them at least 10 days of water only before harvest. That’s not based on experience and knowing for sure that you have to have that or longer. But I do believe that you need at least 10 days to start clearing out excess nutrients in buds. @Hellraiser has the experience to be a little more definitive if this is sufficient.

1 Like

very nice

1 Like

Sledghammer is the only thing in the Dirty Dozen that I don’t use. I’ve heard horror stories and been to worried to try. And I’ve never understood why I needed a separate item to flush with. As if straight water wouldn’t do the job or something? IDK

4 Likes

I always try to go 2 weeks of water only before the chop, but depends on the plant, if they were fed more and looking dark green - full 2 weeks, less green and starting to yellow from lack of nitrogen - one week.would be fine.

2 Likes

I have an old WW photo, dating back to this past April, still going, and a long story. it sits in a 5G grow bag, and now in my shop due to colder weather. I open the doors in the morning so it will get sunlight. The soil looks old, best way to describe it, and lately when feeding with FF nutes, the runoff PPM’s have been creeping up pretty high. I had flushed it this past summer with almost 25 Gallons of water, a chore to say the least. Yesterday I flushed with a 5Gal bucket of water and sledgehammer. I added 2Tsp per gallon. When finished, the runoff PPM’s rose to over 3000!! Today I fed with 6.55/1013 and the runoff was 6.33/1290. Call me impressed.

1 Like