How long shoulps i keep clones covered?

My clones r 2 weeks old yesterday, they r standing on their own and top growtch is reaching/pointing to the lights now. Some leaves r yellowing but they seem good. Should i wait longer to put in small pots and keep them covered in humid container??
Thanks

If in grow cubes…wait till roots show.

2 Likes

Ok thanks @tanlover442, they r in jiffy pellets but esentially the same thing right?

1 Like

Yep…same thing. suggest you let them keep growing until at least several roots are showing.

1 Like

Well…the choice to put clones into small pots and soil was made for me this morn. As i was checkin for roots, i noticed abit of white fuzz on lower outside of the cups i used.

Lesson learned here, DONT use papper dixie cups!!! So i proceeded to repot them all, OG kush all had about 3 to 5 roots stickin out, all about 3-4mm. The Girl Scout only had a few with 1 or 2 roots poking, about 1-2mm long. On bottom of jiffy pucks there was abit of the white fuzz. (Mold/mildew) did have mild smell of musty but mostly smell of dirt

I gently kinda just scraped the bottom of pucks clean and potted them.
![20181115_132814|281x500]
(upload://aHt6vbX8LfxdLFEE3NV9bnPU2g0.jpeg)
Left side is OG and right is GSC, do they look like clones should at 2weeks?
Is there somthing i can do to make sure they will b ok? I have small fan on now to keep air flowing and keepin them uncovered
Any suggestions would be great, thanks

Next time use clear plastic cups. If you have a problem with mold…mix some peroxide into water and let sit for 30 mins. Mix it light.

Once more than two roots show…transplant to final home.

1 Like

@tanlover442 thank you. Do i water with the lite peroxide/water mix or mist/spray them?

I did some reading in the forum last night, found an old post from @dbrn32 i beleive it was around aug 16. It talked about the white fuzzy stuff is from the soil, apparently its a good kind of mould cause by the enzymes in soil and nothing to worry about. It eased my worried mind, i almst trashed all my clones last night because of it. GLAD i didnt and found that post.

Probably, it’s not uncommon anyway. You will want to try and get rid of it though.

@dbrn32 can i water with peroxide solution?

Ya, I think just a drop or two.

Thanks @dbrn32. Your the only one to answer my question since yesterday lol

1 Like